Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NHS will things be different ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its already being sold off under everyones noses, it'll be fully privatised after this, I bet the government couldn't believe its luck this happening, they look like the good guys now but boy are the majority of us going to get shafted in the future.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Unfortunately we will forget, we always do - We've spent 10 years electing austerity supporting governments who have squeezed the life out of the NHS. Efficiency all the way and then guess what, there's no bandwidth in times of need. We have a 'just in time' based economy meaning guess what, a surge in demand and there's shortages all over the place. It's easy to bang a pan out of your window, will those same people demand change? Nah.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think that one of the few upsides of this crisis is that we will all be reminded of how precious the NHS is. And therefore it will be more difficult for politicians of whatever hue to dismantle it. I think privatisation will be less likely after this time than before - as far as wages go, no I think everybody will suffer economically for some years to come - and I can't see public servants being immune from that

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I am not a football supporting voter, I vote on policies and am not a Tory however i have been impressed with Hancock and Sunak. Fair play to them writing off the 13 billion, this is a great start. Unfortunately once this is over, the media will drop it off the agendas things settle down and become more shocking. People have memories like a goldfish and we will all forget and the NHS will continue to be neglected and staff won't get the pay rise they deserve. I really hope that i am wrong on this.

Once most have recovered financially from this i would like to see an increase in our tax that solely goes to the NHS whilst all their amazing work is fresh in everyone's minds.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
I think there will be a number of changes
As mentioned, on a political level it will be very hard to change it from its principles of being available to everyone from cradle to grave. Th rides of introducing any kind of health insurance is probably killed off
At a clinical level, there will be far more video clinics - they’ve had to introduce this technology and as it’s already in place I can see them keeping it. I’ve had a number of remote meetings for my programme (unrelated to COVID) which have ended up being far mor collaborative so hopefully the meeting culture will reduce along with some of the red tape.
This has also highlighted the need for good information so I do hope they take this on board and link up the data across the different organisations

And, finally one that I am very close to, real world evidence trials - this will speed up the introduction of new drugs and vaccines. And the NHS is in a unique place to lead this having information throughout a patient’s life linked to he NHS number.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Unfortunately we will forget, we always do - We've spent 10 years electing austerity supporting governments who have squeezed the life out of the NHS. Efficiency all the way and then guess what, there's no bandwidth in times of need. We have a 'just in time' based economy meaning guess what, a surge in demand and there's shortages all over the place. It's easy to bang a pan out of your window, will those same people demand change? Nah.

This exactly how i feel, but i really hope i am wrong on this.

What i do know is if nothing changes after this... IT NEVER WILL.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I suspect there will be years of paying for this and as always once the pressure is off, the purse strings will tighten.

A radical rethink on public spending is required.
For a start, how badly does the UK need 2 aircraft carriers with jets costing f*ck knows how many millions each?

Do we really need a nuclear deterrent anymore?

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
will things be any different? as much as we all would like them to be, it will be exactly the same as everything else - all good for a couple of weeks then back to how it was.

look at the supermarkets - when all the panic buying started, they had the absolute power to control the number of people in their shops. They did not care one little bit as long as their tills were ringing. It was only when the backlash from people like me who work in the NHS who couldn't get any food / essentials began that they reigned it back to the level where we are today. And to those who disagree...look at the bonuses they are giving all of their staff (Morrisons in particular). All of the supermarket bosses saying how appalled they were at the stockpiling panic buyers - I call total BS. Money money money (look at their profits).

As for the NHS...well I have worked 80+ hours a week for the last 2 weeks (no overtime or anything for this). and will probably do so for the forseeable future. We have had all leave cancelled until June (understandable but demoralising). And haven't had a pay rise since I have been here. It would be lovely if the good people that worked here got the pay and recognition they deserve. And for those that say I have signed up for this by working in the NHS - I am clinical support (admin) and have had to go on the wards to help due to sickness. I didn't sign up for that. but needs must.

Stay at home. please.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I think there will be a number of changes

And, finally one that I am very close to, real world evidence trials - this will speed up the introduction of new drugs and vaccines. And the NHS is in a unique place to lead this having information throughout a patient’s life linked to the NHS number.
Yes 2 points on this.
1) some years ago the National IT program was abandoned and I feel that the major benefit of that should have been a smaller number of integrated patient access systems making that linkage more viable (not intended as a party political point)
2) I feel that joined up healthcare information should by default override the question of data sharing between healthcare providers (possibly with improved security measures). I would in the event that I was taken unconscious into any healthcare institution that they should have total immediate access to all of health information - I think most would feel the same

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here