Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] If Only Boris had Followed Donald's Sensible Approach to Social Distancing

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
While other world leaders and government officials like our Boris and Iranian Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri fall ill with the virus President Trump has taken a much more sensible approach and is exercising his own personal social distancing measures as a precaution against contracting the virus.

At a recent press conference detailing his continued military action against the Mexican drug cartels Trump cleverly employed government aides to act as spacers between himself and his military advisors.

Trump had ingeniously calculated that the width of two broad shouldered government aides equated to a distance of roughly two metres, and so by placing two of them either side of him, he maintained a safe two metre distance between himself and his two high ranking military advisors.

This strategy is clearly working as Trump remains virus free. If only Boris had implemented such sensible measures in Parliament we would not now be floundering without a leader.

2020-04-02 18.33.03-01.jpeg

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
While other world leaders and government officials like our Boris and Iranian Vice President Eshaq Jahangiri fall ill with the virus President Trump has taken a much more sensible approach and is exercising his own personal social distancing measures as a precaution against contracting the virus.

At a recent press conference detailing his continued military action against the Mexican drug cartels Trump cleverly employed government aides to act as spacers between himself and his military advisors.

Trump had ingeniously calculated that the width of two broad shouldered government aides equated to a distance of roughly two metres, and so by placing two of them either side of him, he maintained a safe two metre distance between himself and his two high ranking military advisors.

This strategy is clearly working as Trump remains virus free. If only Boris had implemented such sensible measures in Parliament we would not now be floundering without a leader.

View attachment 121703

I'm guessing counting to 2 is not your strong point?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I'm guessing counting to 2 is not your strong point?

For the purpose of serving the premise of the joke please imagine that the person two along on Trump's left isn't one of his military advisors but is merely a government aide who just happens to be wearing a military uniform.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

View attachment 121703
I think you will find we are in fact " Floundering with a leader"... Mostly because that leader is Johnson.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Wait, THIS guy?!

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson_MP/status/1243823411144667137?s=20

[tweet]1243823411144667137[/tweet]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you will find we are in fact " Floundering with a leader"... Mostly because that leader is Johnson.

To misquote Mandy Rice-Davies, well, you wold say that wouldn't you.

For some, Johnson will be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Believe me, I'm no great fan of Boris the Great, but given a choice between him and the leader of the party to whom I would normally turn to, no choice! and considering that he's faced with a crisis the like of which no Prime Minister has ever faced before, a silent killer which no-one has yet found a cure for, he's doing as well as could be expected. Has he got everything absolutely right? - no, probably not - who would/could have in the circumstances? But leadership-wise, he's doing OK.
That's just OK mind - no eulogies of praise or anything like that - but just OK. Before you lay into me with some or other's 'expert' opinion, would you seriously have preferred Jeremy to me in charge?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

For some, Johnson will be damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Believe me, I'm no great fan of Boris the Great, but given a choice between him and the leader of the party to whom I would normally turn to, no choice! and considering that he's faced with a crisis the like of which no Prime Minister has ever faced before, a silent killer which no-one has yet found a cure for, he's doing as well as could be expected. Has he got everything absolutely right? - no, probably not - who would/could have in the circumstances? But leadership-wise, he's doing OK.
That's just OK mind - no eulogies of praise or anything like that - but just OK. Before you lay into me with some or other's 'expert' opinion, would you seriously have preferred Jeremy to me in charge?

No, I wouldn't want you in charge.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Although I agree with you, I somehow feel that [MENTION=33745]marlowe[/MENTION]'s comic genius has somewhat whooshed several contributors to this thread.:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here