Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Rolling Stones

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So many indisputable stone cold classic albums....but the best is surely Beggars Banquet?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
For me it used to be Exile on Main Street.

My favourite is probably Let it Bleed, and side one of It's Only Rock and Roll.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exile on Main St, Let it Bleed or Sticky Fingers depending how I’m feeling on the day. Agree though that they have made so many great albums, although I did lose interest after Exile. I was a very big fan of the Stones with Mick Taylor much less so once Ronnie Wood joined

Last edited:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Big hits (High Tide & Green Grass) is my favourite.

Let it Bleed second and Exile on Main Street third.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Exile on Main St, Let it Bleed or Sticky Fingers depending how I’m feeling on the day. Agree though that they have made so many great albums, although I did lose interest after Exile. I was a very big fan of the Stones with Mick Taylor much less so once Ronnie Wood joined

Another vote for Sticky Fingers. So many brilliant tracks and so much variety.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For some reason I’ve been drawn to revisiting Stones albums since quarantine started. Beggars Banquet is purely person taste and my favourite ever song is Sympathy; I can’t make any other case for why this is better than say Sticky, Exile, etc. Probably because there isn’t.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This - Mick Taylor was an excellent guitarist, Ronnie Wood isn't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Aftermath, for me.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

This - Mick Taylor was an excellent guitarist, Ronnie Wood isn't.

Totally agree. I saw the Stones back in the day with Mick Taylor. I've mentioned before that I saw Ron Wood join Brad Paisley onstage for a guest spot and Sir Brad blew him off the stage to the extent that Wood just unstrapped his guitar, put it down and bowed to Paisley. Saw Wood on Jools Holland show a few months ago and he was embarrassingly bad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ronnie Wood is a great guitarist, but he was bought into the Stones to play guitar and little more. His input into Stones songs is negligible at best, whereas Taylor was part of the fabric of the band

And Taylor got feck all credit on songs he helped write, just an employee who was shoddily treated by Jagger and Richard from what I’ve read. Probably one of the reasons I went off them tbh. He was a major part of the success when he was with them and the music changed dramatically after he joined.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here