Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Barber, Ashworth, Potter Out !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
of pocket :wink:

Haven't seen a specific thread about it so

Coronavirus: Albion top men agree voluntary pay cuts

Chief executive Paul Barber, technical director Dan Ashworth and head coach Graham Potter have taken a reduction in their salary for the months of April, May and June, in order to support chairman Tony Bloom’s “significant efforts to protect all jobs at our club and charity”.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18353575.coronavirus-key-albion-agree-voluntary-pay-cuts/

The trio originally made the offer two weeks ago, which was appreciated but at the time rejected by the chairman, but following further talks between the quartet in the past 24 hours the offer has now been accepted.

And, I'm not surprised at all :albion2:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well done, and, to be fair, as it should be across the EPL but many won't follow. A great point of leadership, top eggs!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
of pocket :wink:

Haven't seen a specific thread about it so

Coronavirus: Albion top men agree voluntary pay cuts

Chief executive Paul Barber, technical director Dan Ashworth and head coach Graham Potter have taken a reduction in their salary for the months of April, May and June, in order to support chairman Tony Bloom’s “significant efforts to protect all jobs at our club and charity”.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18353575.coronavirus-key-albion-agree-voluntary-pay-cuts/

The trio originally made the offer two weeks ago, which was appreciated but at the time rejected by the chairman, but following further talks between the quartet in the past 24 hours the offer has now been accepted.

And, I'm not surprised at all :albion2:

It’s in the Kieran M thread about football finances.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Class from them. Perhaps others will take note.

I think the Thread title (funny as it is) might be lost on some [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION]

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Brighton continue to shine during this tough period. Putting a lot of bigger, wealthier clubs to shame. However i do that feel Brighton's actions are admirable as they are should really be the norm for at least all prem clubs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It would be great to see the first team squad do the same.

I have a funny feeling you may be hearing from them fairly soon. I believe any action had to be agreed by the PFA. I wonder if their chief executive will make a similar gesture ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People have long been asking just what does Dan Ashworth do for what we pay him.

Perhaps, in his case, his pay has been brought into line with his work (or lack of).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
One thing this crisis has revealed who are the good guys, and who are the selfish grasping c**ts in this game.

Levy, with his £7m salary and £3m bonus last year, furloughs the non-playing staff so THFC receive emergency funds from the taxpayer. See also Mike Ashley. Meantime at BHA, Bloom continues to pay all staff, and the management team take a hit on their own salaries.

You'd think he'd see news like this coming out and be embarrassed, hang his head in shame. But Levy is a grasping c**t, so he won't give a shite. What an absolute THROBBER.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One thing this crisis has revealed who are the good guys, and who are the selfish grasping c**ts in this game.

Levy, with his £7m salary and £3m bonus last year, furloughs the non-playing staff so THFC receive emergency funds from the taxpayer. See also Mike Ashley. Meantime at BHA, Bloom continues to pay all staff, and the management team take a hit on their own salaries.

You'd think he'd see news like this coming out and be embarrassed, hang his head in shame. But Levy is a grasping c**t, so he won't give a shite. What an absolute THROBBER.

I'd not be jumping on the Furlough High Horse just yet. Spurs may have just gone a bit earlier than many others...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Potter, Ashworth and Barber offered to take a reduction 2 weeks ago but Bloom refused. They all come out of this exceptionally well - as always.

My lifelong Spurs STH colleague sent me the link with a note that 'your club has actually shamed ours and our owner today'.

Here they are explaining it anyway

[tweet]1245774713797951488[/tweet]

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Everything that I've read or seen of our magic Harry Potter is class.

I doubt if his position on this has taken any of us by surprise.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Maybe I’m wrong, but I suspect most PL players want to do the right thing, but are looking for guidance from their union, which is instructing them to procrastinate, consequently they are being demonised and made to look like greedy, grasping b’stards. I think there’ll be some positive action soon. Spurs, though, what an utter, utter disgrace. Let’s hope their players go that extra mile to distance themselves from the behaviour of their grubby owners.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Everything that I've read or seen of our magic Harry Potter is class.

I doubt if his position on this has taken any of us by surprise.

*cough* Spence? *cough*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here