Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Recycling Textiles and Electical Items During Lockdown

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
For those having a clearout during lockdown and are wondering what to do with their textiles, shoes and electrical items might find the following link useful.

The link only mentions clothes and shoes but we took some bags of clothes and shoes to the recycling containers at the Goldstone Retail Park, one of the sites mentioned on the link, and we noticed there was also a container which took small electrical items such as VCRs, kettles etc.

All social distancing friendly as no one else was there and those who have an ethical, moral or emotional aversion to visiting the Goldstone Retail Park can do so in the knowledge that they will not be subsidising any of the businesses there and any such visit will be environmentally beneficial.

I'm currently now looking for a book bank depository which is accessible so if anyone knows of any in the Hove area please post here. Sainsbury's West Hove is a possibilty which I shall explore when I pop in to do my shopping later as they did have recyling depositories in the car park when I was last there but I don't know if they still have them, or if they do whether they take books.

https://new.brighton-hove.gov.uk/rubbish-recycling-and-streets/recycling/recycle-clothes-and-shoes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here