Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Looks set to return! Are we welcoming him back or hoping he is turned around and sent elsewhere? I would like to see him knuckle down and work to get back into contention. Obviously needs to prove he has learnt to keep his temper and studs in check ....thoughts?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Personally I would like to see him back.
He's a decent striker and we are well short in that position.

Not sure why he was shipped out. Can't believe it was just the red card.
I guess he must be considered a disruptive influence.

Could make it a bit of a test for Potter, to get him to toe the line and become a better player.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Source?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have to say that the idea of him and Maupay going flying into some of the more self-assured, suave centre backs in the Premier League does bring a bit of a smile to my face :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He may be a nastly litte b'stard, but he's (still) our nasty little b'stard.

Let's see Potter work his man management skills on him.

After all, if Dele Alli can be coached to lose the spite from his game while retaining his cutting edge then......

oh.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It's my understanding that not many of the players actually liked him, or am I wrong? When he left, the social media silence was deafening...

If that's the case, isn't he just going to have a negative effect on the whole mood of the team?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's my understanding that not many of the players actually liked him, or am I wrong? When he left, the social media silence was deafening...

If that's the case, isn't he just going to have a negative effect on the whole mood of the team?

Respected Brighton based journo Paul Hayward said 'The amount of Brighton players that would go to his leaving do would fit into a phone box' or something to that effect

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Back, polished and sent off for sale at auction, I don't think we'll see him in a Brighton shirt again

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not being wanted at Galatasary might mean he will be prepared to toe the line a bit more.
It's in our best interests to improve him and get him available to the match day squad.

If Potter can do that, I would be pretty impressed

I think all of the Albion fans will be impressed, if GP can turn the mardy player around.
First thing would be to get rid of all teddies and cots at the Amex :lol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dont have to be matest o play together. Look at Sheringham and Cole

He's a decent player . I'd have him back for sure

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Looks set to return! Are we welcoming him back or hoping he is turned around and sent elsewhere? I would like to see him knuckle down and work to get back into contention. Obviously needs to prove he has learnt to keep his temper and studs in check ....thoughts?

No thanks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He’s unpopular with the management, the players and given all that crap he came out with just after he left I can’t see him staying long.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He thinks he is better than he actually is.

That said - He is actually better than Aaron Connolly who it is clear just isn't quite ready to be playing in a struggling side at this stage in his career, so nowt wrong with having the option of a more experienced player up front.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Accepting that the article linked above is hardly definite proof he'll be joining up with the first team, getting serious consideration as a starter or ever actually playing for us again...

Personally, I have no issue with him coming back. Some of the animosity to him are comments he gave as a loan player speaking on behalf of his new team, as a romanian to a turkish journalist. To me there is a lot of scope in that for a) communication/translation problems (especially if we're seeing a translation of said interview) b) buttering up on new fans (think how many loan players from the premier league act like they'd love to make their moves to lower division clubs permanent or similar comments to their local press, yeah, lots of players would love to swap an utd for macclesfield!). Then add in how much the fans turned against Hughton's defensive football - do you think it's easy for attacking players in that sort of set up? I can totally see him getting frustrated with it, especially if it makes him look/feel/seem like he's not capable of cutting it in the premier league and the psychological damage that can do (e.g. the lashing out at team mates in an attempt to deflect from his own failings/inability to translate his usual game into the new set up), and can easily see it bleeding over into the new season where we were all excited for attacking football but he still had to sit on the bench more than he'd like.

But I'm not the one who has to work with him, train with him, develop on-field understandings with him. That's what it comes down to for me. If the reports of his personality are accurate, but it was due to the issues with the system and his own struggles, and it's something he has managed to work through and can rebuild relationships with the squad, then I'd be happy to see him back.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He thinks he is better than he actually is.

That said - He is actually better than Aaron Connolly who it is clear just isn't quite ready to be playing in a struggling side at this stage in his career, so nowt wrong with having the option of a more experienced player up front.
I think at the time he was shipped out, many people may have thought there was a chance that Connolly would take his place as main back up/occasional partner for Maupay.

As you say, this hasn't really worked out that way.

It may also be that Andone was considered to be a bad role model to have around Connolly.
Who clearly remains one to watch for the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here