Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You have clearly forgotten the outrage and “get rid” calls when we were in the Championship and he got sent off. Away at QPR especially, from memory, there were many NSCers who saw him as an absolute liability.

'Promoted'

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Andone has pace. None of the present squad could have scored that goal against Palace last season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andone has pace. None of the present squad could have scored that goal against Palace last season.

I don't think many are doubting his playing attributes. The problem is the discipline.

26 Appearances, 5 yellow cards, 1 red card + 3 game retrospective ban is a terrible disciplinary record for a forward

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I read somewhere (probably here) that he was vocal about his disdain for the management's view that he was behind Murray in the pecking order.

Under Potter i.e. August 2019 PL matches, he wasn’t, it was Muzza who was shunted to the bottom of the pile.

The bottom line is that his colleagues couldn’t stand the bloke, he wanted out and engineered that by gifting Stains three points with a disgraceful assault.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Irrelevant which division you get sent off in

Nice edit ;-)

Most of Dunks were as a young player, bad timing, footballing related red cards. Not petulant bellendary. Personally I never called for him to be sold, thrown out or think he couldn't cut it at the top so ???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Really? How many games has Dunk missed since we got promoted due to red cards or retrospective actions?

But that's just selective. If being sent off and banned is something that this team can't stand, Dunk wouldn't be here because he has had some years where there have been multiple suspensions - couple of red cards one year, totting up suspensions most seasons.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But that's just selective. If being sent off and banned is something that this team can't stand, Dunk wouldn't be here because he has had some years where there have been multiple suspensions - couple of red cards one year, totting up suspensions most seasons.

There is a huge difference between Dunks red cards (As a young player) and Andones actions during matches.

Totting up as a center back ? Bloody hell :ffsparr:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Totting up as a center back ? Bloody hell :ffsparr:

Duffy doesn't seem to have a problem with totting up suspensions (though, he did also get sent off and missed a bunch of games because of it).
Burn Doesn't seem to have a problem with it.
Webster doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

I'm not saying getting sent off/suspended isn't at least inconvenient, and annoying for teammates. But if we start using getting sent off as proof that a player doesn't have the right temperament, or that he needs to be shipped out, we would lose half the team. If the others in the squad have a problem with Andone for getting sent off, then they are hypocrites.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The fact that he got sent off in only our third game of the season, first at home, against a Southampton we should have beaten at the time, was the biggest disappointment.

It was a bad tackle but the timing of it was worse. I had no problem with him going at the time and I was well pissed off because it was our first home game of the season, but if Potter is happy to have him back that is also fine with me.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not sure if the OP is jumping the gun , Andone tweeted today & the tweet originated from Istanbul , so either he’s on lockdown there, can’t get a flight back to England or he has no intention of coming back to Brighton & is staying put until Btn sell him on .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure if the OP is jumping the gun , Andone tweeted today & the tweet originated from Istanbul , so either he’s on lockdown there, can’t get a flight back to England or he has no intention of coming back to Brighton & is staying put until Btn sell him on .

His loan runs until June 30th, so unless the Turkish season is over he isn't expected back yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here