Poor fella, RIP big man

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Awful news - RIP

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Sad news. I grew up watching him and Syd on telly and parroting his catchphrases.

Statement from his son:

9A72AF93-8475-4C6A-88EC-E0D9673A31CA.jpeg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
RIP big man.

Was it the Corona that got him or something else?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Would rather watch an episode of Little & Large than Mrs Brown's Boys. Sorry couldn't resist

RIP Eddie as a bit of Saturday night as a kid disappears :(

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
RIP big fella. Saw him and Little live (Torquay I think) what feels like a thousand years ago along with a very young Bobby Davro who was supporting them.............

Another Covid19 stat, but clearly had significant underlying issues. Poor family too for not being able to be with him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't wish to be overly cynical here, bit maybe there's a good case for an OBITUARY CHANNEL. Custom made for all those near-criminal Over-50s Funeral Plan ads that are patently the new PPI mis-selling scam. This level of scam patently preys on the fears and innate kindness of the elderly towards their children and grandchilden. Disgusting level of mis-selling IMHO

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's from a year ago, but here are some of Richard Herring's thoughts on L&L.

Eddie Large - "an incredibly versatile and talented performer".

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Spent many a saturday night tuned into their show. Proper variety show. Great entertainers in their era. RIP big man, your Deputy Dawg impersonation will live with me forever.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Eddie, you live on in our memories.

Jul 7, 2003
Another Saturday Night TV performer gone. Also, Eddie was always as big Man City fan from when they were crap

eddie large.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sad news, R.I.P. Eddie.

He has given me one last laugh though - why am I not surprised at this?!: Sir Lenny Henry recalled seeing him perform in Great Yarmouth in 1978 and how he had "never heard laughter like it".

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Would rather watch an episode of Little & Large than Mrs Brown's Boys. Sorry couldn't resist

RIP Eddie as a bit of Saturday night as a kid disappears :(

Exactly, 25million tuned in at their peak, just they were sadly derided in certain quarters.

Good old fashioned family entertainment, from a bygone era.

Fun fact, he was so well thought of at Man City, he was sat on the bench at Wembley for the 1981 FA Cup final replay. (hopefully a techie on here will be able to produce a still)

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
RIP. The act seems a bit old hat these days but as others have said it was a big part of Saturday nights for a long time. Always came across as a nice chap.

My brother once really annoyed him at a school fete he was opening by spraying him with a water pistol from behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here