Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bellcheeses In The Supermarket (Coronavirus Edition)

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Working at Gatwick for Sussex Police today so decided to nip into Crawley Sainsburys to pick up a couple of bits & pieces on way home. The whole Car Park was a vast queue of people with trolleys - those coming out had hugely overflowing ones - what the actual **** is going on?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Went to the supermarket for the first time in a fortnight to replenish fresh food supplies.
They were well stocked with everything.
Staff members positioned strategically to guide people around the store correctly and to ensure distancing. A fair few people moaning at them because they couldn’t get round the way they wanted. One guy just trying to push past us as we queued and kept our distance, made a big fuss about “this is all just ridiculous”.
Exactly as I expected , every single one of the rude, belligerent ********s was of pension age.
They’ve done that “OAP’s hour “ thing, go one step further and restrict the stupid old buggers to that hour only.
Boomers. The “ME FIRST” generation.

This sounds remarkably like my visit to Tesco in the Holmbush Centre earlier on today. The store has done a very good job of making it plainly obvious that there’s a one way system, there’s obvious lines highlighting the 2m distance marker, but countless ‘older’ folks just marching around with that look of ignorance and entitlement slapped across their sour faces.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In the cheese shop today, waiting patiently outside as only one person at a time and after her husband directed from the door as to what to buy she promptly dropped the eggs on the floor - ****wittery of the highest order and ensured I had to wait another 5 minutes.

There are currently 11 pages in this thread. I am the first to mention the fact that you (and others) are popping down to the cheese shop?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There are currently 11 pages in this thread. I am the first to mention the fact that you (and others) are popping down to the cheese shop?

Well it is open, near Hove lagoon so visited it on my bike ride - problem ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I spent nearly an hour on the phone earlier today ranting to a mate about how the English don't understand their own language. This trait used to drive a German I once knew mad. But this started me thinking. I have now formed the theory that we choose ambiguity deliberately, to confuse and annoy foreigners. Should of known. Anyway, the sooner Covid is decimated the better.

F*&%ing disgraceful. University workers, huh.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One of my next door neighbours at The Amex works for them. Did you pop into Fish, too?

Is that the place opposite ?

If it is it looks more commercial wholesale type

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
Are you Saino's Local manager I complained to earlier today by any chance?

Me: There's some **** holding up the entire store while both checkout persons attend to all his lottery ticket needs

Manager: I'm sorry sir, there's a problem with our lottery machine

Just. Switch. The. Fvcking. Thing. Off. :wozza:

(and maybe just give lottery ticket **** a sound beating, treat it as valuable life lesson :thumbsup:)

Where's Alanis Morrisette & her sense of irony when you need her?!!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is that the place opposite ?

If it is it looks more commercial wholesale type

Although I've not been in The Cheeseman, I have been in Fish. It's a retail outlet (although it doesn't look that way). It's OK, but I live far closer to Sea Haze near the West Pier, and Jack and Neil have served me well over the years.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Although I've not been in The Cheeseman, I have been in Fish. It's a retail outlet (although it doesn't look that way). It's OK, but I live far closer to Sea Haze near the West Pier, and Jack and Neil have served me well over the years.

We also have a very good fish place in Shoreham (BTW we are doing well on the pun front, so far)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What’s the etiquette in supermarkets now for calling people out on invading your 2 metres? I need to go to Tesco in the next few days for the first time in over a fortnight. Am I allowed to tell the dozy berks going the wrong way what I think of them?

If you are going to the Holmbush it has changed a lot, one way system all round the store

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
What’s the etiquette in supermarkets now for calling people out on invading your 2 metres? I need to go to Tesco in the next few days for the first time in over a fortnight. Am I allowed to tell the dozy berks going the wrong way what I think of them?

A tut, a stern look & a rapid retreat into a suitable distance is what we good people do, isn't it? That usually shows 'em.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Speaking to one of the store managers at the local supermarket and he seems to think they are going to start turning away people who are buying 3 items or less.

There is 2 ways to look at this

Money grabbing or stopping people going to supermarkets “just because”

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Speaking to one of the store managers at the local supermarket and he seems to think they are going to start turning away people who are buying 3 items or less.

There is 2 ways to look at this

Money grabbing or stopping people going to supermarkets “just because”

I guess those people should be going to local shops and not the supermarket as they will come into contact with far fewer people there, but quite how they are going to police this will be interesting, will people have to submit a list before being able to enter? plus some things, fresh meat etc.. I wouldn't be buying from my local shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here