Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bellcheeses In The Supermarket (Coronavirus Edition)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shopping in a supermarket with one-way aisles. Woman in front of me decided to stop and make a phone call. I couldn't go forwards and couldn't go back. She ignored all hints. I should have rammed her with my trolley.

Actually you should have rammed her with your trolley, taken her outside, superglued her to a wall and made her watch the 10 hour loop of "Chicken Attack" :wink:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Actually you should have rammed her with your trolley, taken her outside, superglued her to a wall and made her watch the 10 hour loop of "Chicken Attack" :wink:

To be honest, the 10 hour loop is a little disappointing, it doesn't use the whole thing.

Anyway, Chicken Pig Attack is now available. Superbly off the wall.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Strange events at Sainsbury’s West Hove today. We rolled to get our groceries, but one of us was turned away under their new rule of one adult per shop.

Waiting outside later for my wife, bizarrely, most other people leaving were couples with one trolley.

The only possible explanation is speed dating whilst you shop. Very romantic.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The queuing will get especially interesting when the weather breaks and everyone is standing for hours* in the car park in the rain.

* hopefully slight exaggeration

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The queuing will get especially interesting when the weather breaks and everyone is standing for hours* in the car park in the rain.

A family friend who wooks for one of the major supermarkets has told me they are looking into, initially for a proportion of the day, booking half hour slots online to attend your supermarket so they can easier control numbers both inside and outside the store.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It sees odd that it's only rained once since we stopped attempting to poison the planet.
Yet for the previous 6 months we only had one day without rain.

Coincidence?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
A family friend who wooks for one of the major supermarkets has told me they are looking into, initially for a proportion of the day, booking half hour slots online to attend your supermarket so they can easier control numbers both inside and outside the store.

It's a great idea but percentage of the population will mean this will cause them no end of hassle I'm sure

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

No need. I've been to M&S in Shoreham once a week for the last 3 weeks and go at about 8pm. Very quiet every time - no queues at all, plenty of stock. Easy.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

My neighbour went to Wickes in Hove a few days ago. He queued for 1 hour 15 minutes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My neighbour went to Wickes in Hove a few days ago. He queued for 1 hour 15 minutes.

I thought all Wickes stores were shut, and click collect only?

I did some work over Easter and had to wake up at 6am to make a reservation, went to the store and it was all taped off and they bought your order out to you?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Was he in the queue on his own? Perhaps Wickes hadn’t opened. Must’ve been important, did he get his decorative solar lights?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I thought all Wickes stores were shut, and click collect only?

I did some work over Easter and had to wake up at 6am to make a reservation, went to the store and it was all taped off and they bought your order out to you?

Was he in the queue on his own? Perhaps Wickes hadn’t opened. Must’ve been important, did he get his decorative solar lights?

I believe it was click and collect as he did mention it. I'm sure he said he actually went in but I may be wrong.

He said he got there at 9.30am and the queue was already all around the car park

He also had to phone at 6am in the morning as he'd tried to order the day before and spent about 4 hours online the previous day without any success. I've noticed myself that some of these DIY shops have virtual queues for their websites of over an hour long.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I believe it was click and collect as he did mention it. I'm sure he said he actually went in but I may be wrong.

He said he got there at 9.30am and the queue was already all around the car park

He also had to phone at 6am in the morning as he'd tried to order the day before and spent about 4 hours online the previous day without any success. I've noticed myself that some of these DIY shops have virtual queues for their websites of over an hour long.

Ah right -- blimey ! I made 2 visits and there was no-one else there on either occasion, maybe he should have gone to Chichester :)

Yes the demand was stupid, I couldn't get Worthing or Bognor branches at 06.02 in the morning, Chichester was the closest with stock of what I needed. By 06.10 the nearest was Carlisle !

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Pretty certain that would result in more chaos.

Two queues one for chancers and one for bookers - like a Disney queue jump ticket.

And in the current cancel culture environment people will just book and then not turn up at the allotted time.

Also worth noting that my three supermarket options locally - tesco, Sainsburys and Lidl are all operating without any fuss and minimal queueing. :shrug

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I made the mistake of visiting Sainsbury’s West Hove on a Saturday morning earlier, the queue of shoppers three times as long as recently. Despite the vast majority of the country not doing a Monday to Friday 9 til 5 away from home, old habits die hard.

The chestnut this time was couples and families going in as faux separate shoppers, to beat the one adult at a time rule, then dumping the spare trolley a couple of rows into the store. People are so ‘clever’.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The chestnut this time was couples and families going in as faux separate shoppers, to beat the one adult at a time rule, then dumping the spare trolley a couple of rows into the store. People are so ‘clever’.

The Sainsbury at Worthing has a coin in the slot system so it would be less likely to happen there. A lesson to be learned?

Local Lidl was fine this morning apart from a few couples unable to comply with "one person" only or those who appear unable to understand the concept of having a shopping list and have to stand and ponder at length.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Local Lidl was fine this morning apart from a few couples unable to comply with "one person" only or those who appear unable to understand the concept of having a shopping list and have to stand and ponder at length.

Our local Lidl allows couples provided they stay together at all times. Ideally it should be just one person only but my wife is part of the local support group and she gets shopping for some elderly people which is difficult to do on her own, so I go with her. A few weeks ago I never thought this would be the highlight of my week!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Went to the supermarket yesterday & saw:

Both Parents out with their toddlers buying a karcher washer
Millennial couples just browsing - came out with ready made iced coffee & buns but nothing else
Elderly male with only 2 bottles of red wine
No social distancing

Surely people can’t be that stupid?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here