Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Club helping out the local community?. Cooked meals for old folks from 'The Bev' pub

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I'm a shareholder and regular at 'The Bevy' community pub in Moulsecoomb. They run a free bus to every Albion home game which is great because I feel many locals have come back to following the club. My Mother goes to a number of clubs that 'The Bevy' run. They have a lunch club, companionship cafe and run outings too. They really do chip in and help out the old folks around the community.

Since the Bevy shut due to the government restrictions it has started delivering 'Meals on wheels' to elderly and isolated people in Moulsecoomb and Bevendean. Which I think is really making a difference to the elderly in helping them out during these hard times.

With funds running dry it would be great be great if the club and the players could chip in to keep this amazing service going. It's costing them around £3,000 a month, and the more money they get, the more meals they can deliver..

Plenty of other clubs around the country are stepping up with food deliveries, turning their kitchens over.

Be brilliant if our club could do the same.

Does anybody know if the club are helping out the local communities in any way?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I reckon you could raise 3k a month via NSC alone. I’d happily contribute to this. Why not set up a Crowdfund or similar?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Great idea. Lots of elderly and quite poor people live in those areas so they can’t just order via deliveroo for meals etc . All the extra help is greatly needed.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Great community spirit rallying around the elderly and vulnerable near the Amex

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/183...elderly-going-hungry-amid-coronavirus-crisis/

Would be wonderful if the Albion players contributed a decent sum to Foodbanks in Brighton and Sussex.
Think this has happened elsewhere like in Liverpool

Maybe someone like Bruno could be the go to man to arrange this?
He always seems a decent guy with a social conscience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here