Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Phrases you never thought you would use

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I was rudely awoken this morning to be told that a cat posted as missing on Facebook is on our shed. Of course I have to do the Facebook stuff so I found the post and send them a message. Didn't twig until I had sent it. My message said

I think Elvis is currently on our shed

Status - currently awaiting the men in white coats

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Any sentences or phrases involving the words furlough, furloughed and furloughing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Two courgettes please'

That'll teach me to go shopping for my 75 year old neighbour at the Open Market. Still, taking the positives, I now know what a courgette looks like

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
“Are you around for a online quiz tonight?”

“Sorry, already booked in for another one.”

My quiz life has never been so bustling. Imagine taking most snapshots of life now out of context, and playing them to yourself from 6 months ago. You’d be SO confused.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
'Two courgettes please'

That'll teach me to go shopping for my 75 year old neighbour at the Open Market. Still, taking the positives, I now know what a courgette looks like

Had the same, our elderly neighbour wanted fine green beans, no substitutes, fine green beans! Oh, and Shiraz, don't for get the Shiraz!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
'Two courgettes please'

Gem lettuce and cherry tomatoes for MIL. Never knew she was that picky.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I was rudely awoken this morning to be told that a cat posted as missing on Facebook is on our shed. Of course I have to do the Facebook stuff so I found the post and send them a message. Didn't twig until I had sent it. My message said

Please be careful, I don't know if this is a scam or not, but I just had a phone call with a (clearly) recorded voice saying I've won a competition and could choose either £250 or 2 tickets to an Elvis Presley tribute show, after a short pause it then said press one for the money or two for the show.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I think you'll find that by now, Elvis has left the building.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Please be careful, I don't know if this is a scam or not, but I just had a phone call with a (clearly) recorded voice saying I've won a competition and could choose either £250 or 2 tickets to an Elvis Presley tribute show, after a short pause it then said press one for the money or two for the show.

Don't worry. I have told the cat not to crap on my blue suede shoes. You can do anything, I told it. But keep your backside off of my blue suede shoes. I think it might have gone next door now so it is In The Ghetto. (Meow)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Anyone have a contact for the Sunday Sport? Status is now upgraded to

Elvis is currently licking his balls on my shed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here