Jokes. The testing in the UK is awful.

Wouldn't happen in Germany.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Jokes. The testing in the UK is awful.

Wouldn't happen in Germany.

Very difficult one this, I believe Germany has tested circa 500k with30k testing positive, is that 470k wasted tests if the people testing negative go and catch the virus on the bus home? I really don’t know if the UK response is the right response, only time will tell, I certainly would not want to be making the decisions that our Government, guided by the scientific boffins are making.
It is a lose lose situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I do think there would be value in testing those who believe they've had Covid. There's an underlying uncertainty to this situation that could be remedied if the government had taken the Animal Health people up on their offer.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
It's the health care workers that have been self isolating that need the tests, in case they do not have the virus, they could then go back to work.
Presumably the critically ill also need the test for the government stats.
I'm not sure that anyone else needs the test.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I get the impression that the only testing worth its salt is an antibody test and they will only be effective 28 days after the subject’s infection.

Germany has done heaps of testing, but their infection rate is on the same trajectory as ours. I’ve read a couple of doctors on Twitter saying that deaths were low to begin with as the first wave of infected people caught it on skiing holidays and so were young and healthy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I get the impression that the only testing worth its salt is an antibody test and they will only be effective 28 days after the subject’s infection.

Germany has done heaps of testing, but their infection rate is on the same trajectory as ours. I’ve read a couple of doctors on Twitter saying that deaths were low to begin with as the first wave of infected people caught it on skiing holidays and so were young and healthy.

This guy thinks the same.....and at least shut Peston up

[tweet]1245567843770470400[/tweet]

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

I think you are being a little short sighted here. Firstly testing of Healthcare staff is paramount. When infections start to fall, we will then need to have a full testing regime in place to trace and test, everyone an infected individual has been in contact with. Otherwise we will have to remain in lock down.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I do think there would be value in testing those who believe they've had Covid. There's an underlying uncertainty to this situation that could be remedied if the government had taken the Animal Health people up on their offer.
APHA are a Government agency

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very difficult one this, I believe Germany has tested circa 500k with30k testing positive, is that 470k wasted tests if the people testing negative go and catch the virus on the bus home? I really don’t know if the UK response is the right response, only time will tell, I certainly would not want to be making the decisions that our Government, guided by the scientific boffins are making.

It depends, did those 470k exhibit symptoms and by testing negative they know they don't have covid-19. That's not to say they won't get at some point in the future but it does help with the tracking of the virus.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Germany is testing at rate of around 350k per week and has been for a while now, there’s a slight lag in reporting tests and it’s believed it could be around 500k this past week. Health workers aside, it’s targeted at people showing symptoms plus, and strategy called “contact tracing” whereby you test positive everyone you have come into contact with is invited for a test. Something to consider is that the data is not just being used to identify positive cases...but to try and understand the virus and transmission. The hypothetical case regarding negative then positive due to a bus ride is valuable data and not a waste of a test.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There's going to be a bit of an inquest here. Some very nervous people after a leak like this

https://www.buzzfeed.com/richholmes/uk-thousands-extra-coronavirus-tests

Very difficult one this

It really isn't. The report lays bare an appalling waste of available resource - which clear as day is down to either a huge failing in communication, or worse still - in will.

Not difficult at all (unless you are completely and wilfully myopic to any possible shortcomings in the government's response to the pandemic)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Germany is testing at rate of around 350k per week and has been for a while now, there’s a slight lag in reporting tests and it’s believed it could be around 500k this past week. Health workers aside, it’s targeted at people showing symptoms plus, a strategy called “contact tracing” whereby everyone you have come into contact with is invited for a test. Something to consider is that the data is not just being used to identify positive cases...but to try and understand the virus and transmission. The hypothetical case regarding negative then positive due to a bus ride is valuable data and not a waste of a test.

My post was a bit mangled. I’ve corrected it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here