Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Save your pub

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Sorry if fixtures....
Some pubs are registering on Savepublife.com if your local is on here then you can buy a voucher to use in the pub and Budweiser will give the pub double the value now.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I love that there is an effort to save pubs, but I fear that many will be lost to property developers once this is over.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Really good idea - but it needs to get legs quickly if it's going to help - 10 pubs in the whole of Cambridgeshire are listed...

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Ringles Cross in Uckfield closed about the same time Hoogstaten (yeh him) bought the Bricklayers. It reopened about a month before the lockdown.
But whilst all this is great, I'm sure I'm not the only sole trader with a micro business who will lose about £45K and struggle with cash flow over the winter months. Can we have a whip round for me.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ringles Cross in Uckfield closed about the same time Hoogstaten (yeh him) bought the Bricklayers. It reopened about a month before the lockdown.
But whilst all this is great, I'm sure I'm not the only sole trader with a micro business who will lose about £45K and struggle with cash flow over the winter months. Can we have a whip round for me.

Adolph Hoogstraten bought the Bricklayers?!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How does it work? Do they have to be InBev pubs?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How does it work? Do they have to be InBev pubs?

Not entirely sure - The Libertine in Worthing is independent and on there but not InBev, but perhaps they stock Budweiser now so get in that way. But loads of pubs stock Budweiser and are not on there

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You can imgaine the scenario. Go in, buy a drink and then find that there's an extra charge for the ground rent for the stool. Don't pay and two burly 'assistants' ensure that you're out of there. Defo one to be missed

It *was* a really nice pub, too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If a pub serves Budweiser it deserves to close down.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rights of Man is a Harvey's pub in Lewes and evidently they have signed up for it.

Makes you wonder if InBev would support micro pubs that are largely anti-lager, let alone mainstream lager, and whether said pubs would want their help.

It does seem any pub can join. The offer is capped at £1000 per bar, the total offer is capped at 500k. The catch is that if the pub doesn’t re-open you lose your donation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here