Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corona ID Pass

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If the government decide that people that have had Covid19 can be introduced back into society to get things moving, how will officials know who has had it?
I'm sure there will be plenty of people who are financially struggling who have NOT had Covid19 who will also want to be out and about in society once again.
How will we know who is safe and who is not?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
If the government decide that people that have had Covid19 can be introduced back into society to get things moving, how will officials know who has had it?
I'm sure there will be plenty of people who are financially struggling who have NOT had Covid19 who will also want to be out and about in society once again.
How will we know who is safe and who is not?

I imagine it would be antibody tests administered by licensed pharmacies. There is a potential side issue though; whilst it might be economically advantageous there’s a risk that those who consider themselves low risk, particularly those under financial pressure, go out of their way to contract the virus.

If that happens, you potentially end up with a massive spike in cases, particularly amongst the young. And for so many reasons, that could be catastrophic, particularly for older, vulnerable patients who find themselves slipping down the pecking order of who gets saved.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i foresee a problem with such a scheme, people trying to get the virus to get a pass.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Should do what they do in China and use your phone. You are assigned different colour tags depending on whether you have had the virus, been to somewhere you shouldn't etc.

You then show your phone tag to enter stores/restaurants. Not sure how it would work in UK because the data is shared with government, so you'll have the data privacy dudes moaners up in arms.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should do what they do in China and use your phone. You are assigned different colour tags depending on whether you have had the virus, been to somewhere you shouldn't etc.

You then show your phone tag to enter stores/restaurants. Not sure how it would work in UK because the data is shared with government, so you'll have the data privacy dudes moaners up in arms.

There was a legal person on the news the other day saying the current lock down could be challenged as it infringes Human Rights, strange times these

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There was a legal person on the news the other day saying the current lock down could be challenged as it infringes Human Rights, strange times these

What a ****ing idiot.

Not you Mr Hut, the legal person you referred to :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here