Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Some expert called Kieron M currently on Talksport

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good work on the VIZ book on prominent display in your bookcase @El President :lolol:

Can’t beat The Jester’s Shoes Easy.

I managed a copy of The Cleveland Steamer taking up the background whilst talking to Turkish TV the other evening too.

Holding back on The Pearl Necklace...for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can’t beat The Jester’s Shoes Easy.

I managed a copy of The Cleveland Steamer taking up the background whilst talking to Turkish TV the other evening too.

Holding back on The Pearl Necklace...for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many years ago I was cackling loudly at that Profanisaurus definition of a Cleveland Steamer. The missus insisted I told her what I was laughing at, so I did.

She was disgusted. Needless to say, its not yet been put into practice.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Many years ago I was cackling loudly at that Profanisaurus definition of a Cleveland Steamer. The missus insisted I told her what I was laughing at, so I did.

Don't get too complacent - she may just be biding her time, waiting for the right moment

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Clubs wont furlough players. Apart from the scheme being totally inappropriate for people who earn £2,500 every 10 seconds, let alone in a month, in order to qualify, you have to STOP work. Clubs will want to keep players in training, albeit at home.

The only way out will be for players to come out and say they are taking a pay cut, with the money being used to pay the wages of the non-playing staff at the clubs.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:bowdown:

I'm probably earning more than Albion players if they're incentivised through a goal-bonus scheme.

For a long while Ali J was looking jealously at the chicken preppers in KFC :whistle:

A pay cut for players will benefit the owners first and hurt HMRC in lost tax take and although you'd hope that all the money the players would have got will go to other workers at their clubs, it's rather easy to be cynical. Better perhaps would be for players to donate some of their net pay to a central fund from which staff can be paid.

This, and this again :thumbsup:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A gesture from highly paid players would go along way to calm this down.

Unfortunately the only gesture from them so far has just a single finger.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I presume that also rules out a Boston Pancake too?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And now Matt Hancock, ever the populist chancer spends a bit of time on twitter and decides to publicly call out footballers while still failing to adequately supply the NHS with PPE or testing.

Perhaps a new thread is in order for a ‘hey Matt, what about...’
1. Your multi-millionaire MP collegues freezing their MP salaries at least.
2. Your billionaire Tory donors
3. The Royal family
4. The Bankers, the Hedge fund managers, the CEOs
5. The billionaires asking for bailouts
6. The inheritors of vast wealth

Just do YOUR job you slippery f\/ck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here