Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League clubs in 'moral vacuum' and players should sacrifice salary

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If obscenely paid football players show zero compassion or will to take pay cuts they will totally alienate themselves from normal society and their own fans.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
The MP is spot on they're being paid for what............sitting at home. Should all be put on a minimum 50% pay cut.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I'd be happy if the playing staff were Furloughed and the money saved went towards paying those that aren't multi millionaires.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
So Bournemouth are partially doing the right thing.

Nice touch by Howe, respect.

Whilst Levy, Mourinho, Aurier and Ndombele bank the same eye-watering sums they were before COVID-19.

Not that I’m a total cynic yet both selfless acts follow their club’s decision to not pay for board or lodgings for their youth team due to the financial constraints of Covid-19.

Hideous pluckiness on display yet again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What we dont know is what the players are discussing in their ‘WhatApp’ groups etc etc ...i don't believe they are all heartless souls ...so perhaps wait and not sit in judgement....of course in situations such as Tottenham and say Newcastle the clubs intentions are out in the open and i for one wouldnt defend them..but perhaps lets wait and see what acts of kindness come out in the next couple of weeks before we tar all with the same brush

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What we dont know is what the players are discussing in their ‘WhatApp’ groups etc etc ...i don't believe they are all heartless souls ...so perhaps wait and not sit in judgement....of course in situations such as Tottenham and say Newcastle the clubs intentions are out in the open and i for one wouldnt defend them..but perhaps lets wait and see what acts of kindness come out in the next couple of weeks before we tar all with the same brush

Tend to agree. There are plenty of footballers that do a lot for charity but under the radar. Some may already be giving huge chunks to help their local community.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All the PL and Championship clubs should get together and agree to put all their players, and the manager and all the coaching staff on furlough. Then get together and finance the legal fight f0r one test case, which, even allowing for the sometimes pathetic decisions of the top judiciary, I believe they wouldn't lose.
As for the poor footballers trying to live on £2500 a month, well, it should be pretty fricken' easy if you've been trousering £40K or £50K (or even £5K or £10K) a week for the last few weeks. The clubs should pay that £2500 a month back to the government too - it wouldn't hurt them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't often agree with a Tory MP, but this guy is spot on.

Yes but it is all hubris from the MP. All the big club players will be doing something soon.

The QPR manager, Mark Warburton was supremely eloquent on R5 tonight

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

Christ, some people are charging around, now, looking for witches to burn. As [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] alluded on another thread, the cant and hypocrisy and hubris is nauseating.

Give it a few weeks before burning down peoples' mansions, eh?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Roughly what time was he on?

I'd like to listen, Warburton is one of the smartest managers around.

I'm sorry, I can only guess - around 7.45.

Yes, he sounds like an absolute top bloke, smart, empathetic, no bullshit. He was on for quite a long time. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here