Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Gigaton - new Pearl Jam album. Thoughts?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So good that it couldn't go in the 'Albums 2020' thread, deserving a whole one of its own.

Poptastic.

BeautifulHideousHalicore-max-1mb.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This may be of interest for some:-

I don't know if there's any kind of 'music scene' on NSC.
If there is they certainly keep it to themselves.

Anyhoo if any grunge-types happen to come across this post, they might be interested in:-

Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament on Pearl Jam’s Meteoric Rise, the Future of Rock Bands, and Their New Album ‘Gigaton’

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-...-future-of-rock-bands-their-new-album-gigaton

The Ringer’s Bill Simmons is joined by Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament to discuss a wide variety of topics, including Pearl Jam’s first concert, the Seattle SuperSonics, hanging with Dennis Rodman, the best music venues, tour stories, their new album Gigaton, and MUCH more.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mods can move it if they want. Don’t think it’ll take up too much space though even with its own thread though.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

If it had gone on the Albums 2020 thread I would have missed they had an album out, so thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Awesome. Thanks for posting!

Not listened myself because it's mahhooossive.
I don't think I'm committed enough to anything for that long a podcast.

That said, as you know, I'm a Simmons fanboy, he's a PJ (no Duncan) fanboy, so I don't have any issue with offering up to those who might be interested.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Like the album, hate the uncertainty of whether or not I’ll be watching them play at Hyde Park (the only sold out BST event) in July.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just on third listen. Some standouts and a couple of “meh”’s but on the whole, yeah, I’m liking. Track 1 kicks it all off nicely.

So glad they’re still out there making albums. I think they’re such a good band and a force for good.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNeToMNVyf3R4Pme3jzLGxHhL0zU9sUvg

I'm having a full lock down Pearl Jam revival now..:D.

I have to say, and perhaps it is understated, but Vedder has to be one of the best lead singers of all time. Incredible emotion and range he puts into it. To think Yellow Ledbetter just formed a B-side to Jeremy. Different era when bands put that much quality into just a single release.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Yeah enjoying the new album. Better than the last couple in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Me too. The single video theory documentary from the yield studio sessions is amazing.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I'm having a full lock down Pearl Jam revival now..:D.

I have to say, and perhaps it is understated, but Vedder has to be one of the best lead singers of all time. Incredible emotion and range he puts into it. To think Yellow Ledbetter just formed a B-side to Jeremy. Different era when bands put that much quality into just a single release.
Me too. The single video theory documentary from the yield studio sessions is amazing.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Now cancelled sadly. I had tickets myself. Gutted

Gutted too. Also had Eagles tickets the month after and that apparently is going to be pulled too. God knows when any large scale events or concerts are going to start happening. Suspect that even if this footy season is written off with a view to starting next season in August, the first part of the season will be to empty stadiums.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Gutted too. Also had Eagles tickets the month after and that apparently is going to be pulled too. God knows when any large scale events or concerts are going to start happening. Suspect that even if this footy season is written off with a view to starting next season in August, the first part of the season will be to empty stadiums.

Can't see any happening until next year now.

As well as Hyde Park, I've got tickets for Faith No More in June which will surely now also be cancelled. Gutted but it's the right decision to cancel/postpone these things.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Easily the best since Riot Act, which was release(d) 18 years ago now!

Was thinking about Hyde Park but I'm not paying £80+ to stand in a park 100+ m from the stage for anyone, even Pearl Jam.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can't see any happening until next year now.

As well as Hyde Park, I've got tickets for Faith No More in June which will surely now also be cancelled. Gutted but it's the right decision to cancel/postpone these things.

I’ve got FNM ticket too. Expecting a cancellation very soon. My Black Crowes tickets for October will be the next in front of the Covid-firing squad at this rate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here