Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Do you give too foreign aid adverts on TV

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
or does charity begin at home for you ? , seem to be getting a lot of water aid one's at the moment , will it ever stop ???
regards
DF

Being a charitable and benevolent chap I am always keen to help out those in less fortunate, impoverished and desperate places than me. In fact I was only donating some testing chemicals to Micheal Gove just yesterday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
or does charity begin at home for you ? , seem to be getting a lot of water aid one's at the moment , will it ever stop ???
regards
DF

And to answer your question I have had a long standing direct debit for a charity which provides schooling in Uganda.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I was talking to a friend from Zimbabwe recently and he said that the vast majority of African Governments , leaders and authorities are shockingly wealthy, corrupt and don't give a **** about their citizens with a couple of notable exceptions. Until this changes these problems are interminable. Sad but true. (I know this is not just a problem in Africa but it is rife there).

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
**** off, you pointless little racist coward

Do you know, on this occasion I really can't see anything racist or cowardly in the OP's post. Surely I'm not missing something. Now, some of his other contributions however.........!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
regards
DF

You really are a sad act. Even amidst a global crisis you still feel the need to start thinly veiled racist threads.
I know we are all supposed to be playing nicely but you really are scum. And a coward for hiding behind Bozza’s Be Kind policy.
I can only conclude you are friends with Bozza as anyone else would have banned you for life ages ago.

And yes, we need to be sending aid now more than ever . Someone I know is trying to organise isolation in Nairobi slums.
If we don’t sort that mess out C19 will be troubling us for decades to come.

Last edited:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I’m confused, it’s like watching Westworld. Is this the real person or the cloned one?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Why are there so many GOLD adverts on TV? If it's not some Lord sticking his finger out with his butler it's some King or others crest never seen since the thrupenny bit.
Someone tell them we're all skint!

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
regards
DF

You suggest it is either/or - it is quite possible to donate to overseas causes or charities and donate to charities in the UK to 'help our own'.

I do both - and get slagged-off as 'do-gooder'!

If someone objects to foreign aid when so many people here in the UK are 'in need', they can simply donate to domestic charities to 'help our own' - or even actively get involved (join a Food Bank, for example)?

However, I suspect that most of the people I see on social media moaning about sending money overseas rather than 'looking after our own' don't really give a toss about helping 'our own' - for these moaners, sitting on their a*** slagging off foreign-aid is just an excuse to flaunt their Pound Shop Patriotism; a form of Right-wing virtue-signalling.

Last edited:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
No, but me and the wife have changed our monthy charitable donation of £250 to the Trussell Trust food bank. Hopefully it will be of use especially now more than ever.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You suggest it is either/or - it is quite possible to donate to overseas causes or charities and donate to charities in the UK to 'help our own'.

If someone objects to foreign aid when so many people here in the UK are 'in need', they can simply donate to domestic charities to 'help our own' - or even actively get involved (join a Food Bank, for example)?

However, I suspect that most of the people I see on social media moaning about sending money overseas rather than 'looking after our own' don't really give a toss about helping 'our own' - for these moaners, sitting on their a*** slagging off foreign-aid is just an excuse to flaunt their Pound Shop Patriotism; a form of Right-wing virtue-signalling.

That is about the strength of it. yes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Knowing it annoys certain sections of society makes foreign aid seem even better. Maybe they should use it in their promotional bumf?

“£2 is all it costs to save the eye-sight of an African child and royally **** [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] off!”

Fill yer boots.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And yes, we need to be sending aid now more than ever . Someone I know is trying to organise isolation in Nairobi slums.
If we don’t sort that mess out C19 will be troubling us for decades to come.

Well, no, no it wont. It will be troubling THEM.

We will eventually have a vaccine and antibody test and it's being worked on at the double. Anywhere without the resources to hand these out and control the results will have a continuing issue. In a year or so's time this will be another First World 1 - Third World 0 final score and the death toll over there will be almost unimaginable. Good time to start donating and advertising for donations I'd say.

Jan 30, 2008

Oh well ,sorry if you felt out of your comfort zone
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Knowing it annoys certain sections of society makes foreign aid seem even better. Maybe they should use it in their promotional bumf?

“£2 is all it costs to save the eye-sight of an African child and royally **** [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] off!”

Fill yer boots.

Why would it **** me off ? I asked a straight forward question which yet again gets spun by all the right ons,you said you donate which is fair enough
From what I can take on all this some people are feeling out of their comfort zone when asked
Regards
DF

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here