Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Fennel what to do with it ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just had 2 fennel turned up in a fruit and veggie box... I don’t think I have ever eaten fennel before.

What can I do with it??

Simple suggestions please.. receipe suggestions and not where I can stick it [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION].

Morning Andy
Try roasting it with either other veg or with fish (sea bass), or make it into soup :drool:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just had 2 fennel turned up in a fruit and veggie box... I don’t think I have ever eaten fennel before.

What can I do with it??

Simple suggestions please.. receipe suggestions and not where I can stick it [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION].

Screenshot_20200401-114710_Gallery.jpg
We drink these :)

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Make a fancy coleslaw with it, serve with fat meaty burgers, and chunky, salty chips.

Beat me to it.

Also very nice substituting cold roast chicken for the burger.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The Brighton Sausage Shop is delivering, so you could get some of their Italian style fennel & pork sausages.

Have them on a bed of cheesy polenta - make a well in that, then add a mound of thinly sliced fennel sautéed with garlic and halved cherry tomatoes. Line your bangers up on top of that and add some steamed broccoli spears if you fancy something green (or buttery kale)

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
If you can get your hands on it, then cut into quarters and roasted with pork is very good. Along with onions, potatoes and any other vey you fancy, spash of white wine, little bit of stock, stops it from drying out and creates a nice sauce (cover the pan if it starts to dry out during the roasting).

Agree with others that it is good in salad, but needs to be very finely sliced - it's solid stuff and you don't want big chunks of it raw.

I like it as I am a fan of the aniseed.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I used it thinly sliced as the base for a risotto last week. Sweated it down slowly before adding the rice. It was lovely, hardly tasted of fennel at all :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here