Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bread Recipe's

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you pop down, let me know how you got on. If it saves me a visit to a big supermarket, I'll go there myself.
Just been, had THE last bag of self raising but owner says they are expecting a delivery today. Quite well-stocked on other stuff.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone got a good brownie recipe

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just come back from Brighton and, once again, failed to score some flour for bread - I tried four stores but I may as well have been looking for powdered unicorn horn.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just come back from Brighton and, once again, failed to score some flour for bread - I tried four stores but I may as well have been looking for powdered unicorn horn.

Yep, I'm really struggling with bread flour too, have enough for maybe 5 more batches of rolls than that's it. Even tried Holland and Barrett today hoping they might have some of thet expensive Doves Farm organic bread flour or Spelt flour to no avail... all gone. manged to score a bag of self raising and a bag of plain on a circuit of corner shops and Co-ops today... hoping Bread flour returns soon.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Has anyone got a bread recipie that uses ordinary plain flour (or self raising) instead of bread/strong flour?

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
It's not flour that's hard to come by, it's yeast.

I imagine you can buy gold for less right now.

Has been the same over here and a lot of restaurants that are doing takeout are now selling grocery items from their suppliers. Drove across town to my favorite coffee shop yesterday for a gallon of their cold brew concentrate and 6oz of yeast! The bread machine is back in business :clap:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone that needs yeast try the bakery at Tesco or Sainsbury. They normally give you a big chunk of fresh yeast free (sainos charge)

Also flour seems more readily available. Bread making white & wholemeal has been in Waitrose frequently

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sorry. I can't hold back any longer.

Recipes.

Its recipes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As was I of you!

Never mind it's probably just a typo.thing. Drat that keyboard - it was its mistake, eh?

(You're not going to get off this one that easily!)

Oh yes I am :rave::thumbsup:

:whistle:

:facepalm:

:thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
For those who can't get bread flour - this will make bread. It's flour after all and high gluten.

81WJtr4SawL._AC_SY550_.jpg

Also makes pasta and a cracking pizza dough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here