Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Royal Mail, UPS, DPD, FedEx, Hermes etc - Thank You!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Just a quick big-up to everyone in the Courier and Parcel Delivery services who is grafting away like nothing has happened. I know we praise the NHS (and rightly so) but what about everyone keeping the mail and mail-order system flowing.

I run a business which relies quite heavily on mail-order and I'd be royally shafted if these people ground to a halt. Delivery times have been virtually unchanged, collections have been spot on, and I'd just like to say Thank You... as I'm sure everyone else would who has been hitting the home shopping sites and getting what they ordered.

There.. I've said it. I'm done now. :smile:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Agreed, often get missed while spreading the gratitude. I’d also like to thank our bin men and women who continue to provide an essential service, although I do wish people would also start to take more responsibility for the amount of rubbish they generate.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Hear Hear - had a couple of delayed items but only caused by overwhelming demand...they do a great job

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Posties doing a great job.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes. delivery are done sterling work, few changes to process (nothing signed for) and keeping a lot of people sane, able to get things in.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Going against the grain here. Disappointed with RM. Had 3 parcels not being delivered last week. Now i take a camera shot of every item and postage receipt so i can make a claim next time.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Royal Mail, UPS, DPD, FedEx, Hermes etc -
Thank you very very much for working to get parcels etc delivered.

As a token of my appreciation I shall go outside to stand and give you one minute of applause tomorrow, anytime between 08:00 hrs and 18:00 hrs.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

As a token of my appreciation I shall go outside to stand and give you one minute of applause tomorrow, anytime between 08:00 hrs and 18:00 hrs.

Leave a note outside for a future round of applause from inside a wheely bin.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne

NSC sarcasm at it's finest there. I expected nothing less. :drink:

Seriously though, what if the postal and courier system just stopped dead. You'd miss those parcels lobbed over your fence with the card saying they were in a 'safe place' - believe me!!

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Most are doing a great job. Not so the Parcelforce driver who pulled up outside our apartment block three days in a row, made no attempt to deliver our parcel, didn’t leave a card and then drove off, seemingly because the front entrance is closed off due to CV and he would have had to carry the parcel round to the rear of the building. If he had rung us we would have happily gone to meet his van, but Parcelforce told us that their drivers don’t carry phones! After the three attempts the parcel got returned to the sender and we have been refunded the cost of our order.

And yes, there are more important things to worry about.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just a quick big-up to everyone in the Courier and Parcel Delivery services who is grafting away like nothing has happened. I know we praise the NHS (and rightly so) but what about everyone keeping the mail and mail-order system flowing.

I run a business which relies quite heavily on mail-order and I'd be royally shafted if these people ground to a halt. Delivery times have been virtually unchanged, collections have been spot on, and I'd just like to say Thank You... as I'm sure everyone else would who has been hitting the home shopping sites and getting what they ordered.

There.. I've said it. I'm done now. :smile:

No DHL? You still bitter about their KFC ****-up? :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mr Hermes will be well impressed being linked with t'others.

Quite how their uniform isn't a stetson and spurs, while they do their deliveries on horseback I'll never know.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Mr Hermes will be well impressed being linked with t'others.

Quite how their uniform isn't a stetson and spurs, while they do their deliveries on horseback I'll never know.

You get what you pay for in this world Statto! If you want to pay £2.66 to send a small parcel from one end of the country to t'other - don't expect a white glove service!

Personally, in 2 years of using Hermes not a single parcel has gone missing. Yes, they're slow - but they all get there in the end (for me, at least).

As a comparison, UPS have 'lost' £1,000 worth of goods for me in the same period.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Going against the grain here. Disappointed with RM. Had 3 parcels not being delivered last week. Now i take a camera shot of every item and postage receipt so i can make a claim next time.

Happy to report that, meanwhile, the grain is going against you. Who knew? ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NSC sarcasm at it's finest there. I expected nothing less. :drink:

Seriously though, what if the postal and courier system just stopped dead. You'd miss those parcels lobbed over your fence with the card saying they were in a 'safe place' - believe me!!

Got two recent Amazon deliveries. It was the same guy on each occasion. Russian I'd guess. Legged it before I could give him a tip. Mind you, I was coughing, and quite sweaty, at the time.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Hermes should definitely change their name to Herpes, you're more likely to get it then.

All courier companies are only as good as your local driver, unfortunately for us the Herpes driver round our way is only slightly less than useless. They are also nigh on impossible to contact if you're trying to receive a parcel, and only care if you're the one paying them.

DPD on the other hand have a brilliant driver round our way, hadn't had a parcel using them for months yet the driver still remembered the last time he delivered to us.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ordered something off Amazon midday yesterday and its just been delivered by DPD. Awesome service.

Was a lovely guy as well. They are taking photos rather than getting people to sign which is different to a company that delivered to me last week.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Waiting for Hermes to collect a parcel. Left outside Tuesday and will leave outside again today. Will leave it another day before complaining. Used collection as I didn't want to go to local parcel shop.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here