Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Suspected Murder Suicide of Family in Woodmancote

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I did read about it on local news because it struck me people were arguing about Woodmancote being near Chichester, as if that was the most important aspect of the story.
Quite a few replies had to point out that there are two Woodmancotes in Sussex.

In the meantime, condolences to the rest of the family.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Sounds a bit like that shocking event up my way back in 2008 - fella owed HMRC £800k and his business was going tits-up so shot his wife, daughter, dogs and horses and set fire to his house - then shot himself ...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What an awful story. The bloke obviously snapped, and we'll never know why, but he was a builder and the timing might be a clue.

I do worry that because the Chancellor has just thrown owner-managers of small businesses under a bus there will be many of them out there feeling at the end of their tether. Whereas the employed and self-employed have a measure of security those with small limited companies with staff, sub-contractors, business loans, commercial rents to repay etc have been given f*ck all and they're really worried sick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why are you even posting that stream of gibberish (and your previous) on this very very sad local domestic tragedy H? Word with yourself? I know we're all going a bit stir crazy but you're usually far better than that. Sake!

That's a bit harsh. I already apologised for the first post, not that it actually did cause offense (except where intended, perhaps). And it isn't as if no NSC thread has ever included a post that isn't directly related to the thread topic. I was replying to a comment made by another poster about stress. Is that not allowed anymore? And I may be guilty of many things, but writing gibberish is probably not one of them (although it may seem if viewed through the twitching eye of unjustified outrage).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
While I'm at it, I understand all the comments about this being a sad and tragic episode (too sad and tragic for some, it seems, for anything other than solemn on-topic comment). It certainly is for the dead and the surviving family and friends, and the police and ambulance staff having to deal with it.

There is also another word that springs to mind, regardless of the 'reason'. And that is wicked.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I think it might be more a case of stories like this being intentionally supressed for public moral. I think there is a lot of censorship going on with the various news media at the moment, especially the TV news.

Apart from the inevitable Covid-19 related bad news which we are being bombarded with at the moment, a lot of the other news items are concertedly much more light hearted and feel good.

I wonder if a new Ministry of Information has been temporarily set up to deal with this current crisis like the one which operated during WW1 and WW2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Information_(United_Kingdom)

Not sure about that.
We are near to Chichester,and this came up on the local news feeds on my phone pretty damn' quickly....... Spirit FM and Chichester Observer and was also on the local TV news in the evening.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I did read about it on local news because it struck me people were arguing about Woodmancote being near Chichester, as if that was the most important aspect of the story.
Quite a few replies had to point out that there are two Woodmancotes in Sussex.

In the meantime, condolences to the rest of the family.

I thought it was three :whistle:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not sure about that.
We are near to Chichester,and this came up on the local news feeds on my phone pretty damn' quickly....... Spirit FM and Chichester Observer and was also on the local TV news in the evening.

I live near Chichester as well and I found out on Spirit. My partner works at St Richards and she came home with the story too.

Not sure we would have known if we lived in another part of the country though. Just thought this was such a tragic story the national press could've made a bit more effort out of respect for the poor relatives.

Tragic anyway and RIP.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
.....And I may be guilty of many things, but writing gibberish is probably not one of them......

8be62e83de0aa7a0316d1c400c8dc122--yes-minister-prime-minister.jpg

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Has it been announced that it was the man that committed the crime?

The Police have stated that they are not looking for anyone else in relation to the incident. So while that doesn't specify the father as being responsible it does not leave many viable options among the victims. The Police have also not sought to quell any of the rumours circulating that it was the father who was responsible.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
[QU4OTE=Fignon's Ponytail;9299432]Truly horrible news...what a truly shit year this is turning out to be ��[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I've cancelled it. Total shitstorm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here