Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Suspected Murder Suicide of Family in Woodmancote

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fifteen minutes and no replies.

Sometimes I hanker for the days when certain posters, now sadly banned would be all over a story like this: yet another muslim bomb stabbing grooming outrage.

Oh.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Sometimes I hanker for the days when certain posters, now sadly banned would be all over a story like this: yet another muslim bomb stabbing grooming outrage.

Oh.

My immediate thought was it was a tragic consequence of our current situation. The desperate lengths perhaps of someone whose life was falling apart.

A similar thing happened in Hemel Hempstead the day before. We knew there would be a mental health crisis as a result but it is extreme cases like these which highlighy how bad that crisis will be

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....ected-murder-suicide-house-fire-12481026/amp/

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My immediate thought was it was a tragic consequence of our current situation. The desperate lengths perhaps of someone whose life was falling apart.

A similar thing happened in Hemel Hempstead the day before. We knew there would be a mental health crisis as a result but it is extreme cases like these which highlighy how bad that crisis will be

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....ected-murder-suicide-house-fire-12481026/amp/

Yes i guess its what springs to mind...but as yet we don’t know the facts.

Spare a thought for the police officers who entered the building to find the dead....2 very young kids ..awful

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

True, no idea if this is the case here, but there will be lives torn apart by financial disasters that make things like this all too possible.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Oh.

A truly tragic incident.
You really should not judge others by your own despicable standards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Just as as tragic as any Covid death.

Shame the press were so busy obsessing about the latest stats they hardly bothered to report it.

I think it might be more a case of stories like this being intentionally supressed for public moral. I think there is a lot of censorship going on with the various news media at the moment, especially the TV news.

Apart from the inevitable Covid-19 related bad news which we are being bombarded with at the moment, a lot of the other news items are concertedly much more light hearted and feel good.

I wonder if a new Ministry of Information has been temporarily set up to deal with this current crisis like the one which operated during WW1 and WW2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_Information_(United_Kingdom)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it might be more a case of stories like this being intentionally supressed for public moral. I think there is a lot of censorship going on with the various news media at the moment, especially the TV news.

Apart from the inevitable Covid-19 related bad news which we are being bombarded with at the moment, a lot of the other news items are concertedly much more light hearted and feel good.

I wonder if a new Ministry of Information has been temporarily set up to deal with this current crisis like the one which operated during WW1 and WW2.

I'd be surprised if anyone would attempt this, to be fair. Block official news and the mad world of wildfire alternative news sites will thrive. No government with half a brain wants that, and I am confident Boris has at least half a brain.

Apologies to anyone (apart from the obvious) offended by my earlier post on this thread. Good to see the genuine concern expressed. Clearly nobody knows the facts of this yet, except that three of the four were murdered by a member of their own family. Grim.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
In a different case in Wales a man has been arrested for murdering his wife which is also being linked to the stresses caused by the coronavirus lockdown.

It's a bit misleading because any domestic incident at the moment is going to be immediately attributed to the lockdown. There were however 173 murders committed as a result of domestic violence in 2018 in the UK, an average of 1 every two days so it is already a relatively common occurrence but those incidents on the whole do not get nationally reported on.

Now every incident of that nature is going to be pounced on by the press immediately linking it to the lockdown. Of course the lockdown will have exacerbated certain tensions and restricts the ability to escape those tensions but we will have to wait until official data is released before we can assess how great the increase in such crimes actually has been.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...e-ruth-wales-self-isolation-a9438216.html?amp

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In a different case in Wales a man has been arrested for murdering his wife which is also being linked to the stresses caused by the coronavirus lockdown.

It's a bit misleading because any domestic incident at the moment is going to be immediately attributed to the lockdown. There were however 173 murders committed as a result of domestic violence in 2018 in the UK, an average of 1 every two days so it is already a relatively common occurrence but those incidents on the whole do not get nationally reported on.

Now every incident of that nature is going to be pounced on by the press immediately linking it to the lockdown. Of course the lockdown will have exacerbated certain tensions and restricts the ability to escape those tensions but we will have to wait until official data is released before we can assess how great the increase in such crimes actually has been.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...e-ruth-wales-self-isolation-a9438216.html?amp

Indeed. One of the few bits of convincing data I have seen on the effects of 'stress' on health was the spike in heart attacks in Israel during the period when Saddam was flinging scud missiles at them. As soon as he stopped, the spike disappeared. Even so, this is still only a correlation and could just be coincidence (like the geese whose migration pattern in Siberia changed always and only the year a labour government was elected in the UK - data correct till the late 1970s, anyway - clearly the labour victories were not caused by geese. Or were they???).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Indeed. One of the few bits of convincing data I have seen on the effects of 'stress' on health was the spike in heart attacks in Israel during the period when Saddam was flinging scud missiles at them. As soon as he stopped, the spike disappeared. Even so, this is still only a correlation and could just be coincidence (like the geese whose migration pattern in Siberia changed always and only the year a labour government was elected in the UK - data correct till the late 1970s, anyway - clearly the labour victories were not caused by geese. Or were they???).

Why are you even posting that stream of gibberish (and your previous) on this very very sad local domestic tragedy H? Word with yourself? I know we're all going a bit stir crazy but you're usually far better than that. Sake!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Its a fair point.

But I don't think the press are doing a great job with public morale at the moment personally. I'm confining myself to one news bulletin a day at the moment and trying to glean actual facts from all the conjecture and interpretation they are pushing out.

The higher quality broadsheets seem slightly more tempered but the tabloids are still pushing out sensationalist shit. And don't get me started on broadcast news.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here