Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sussex, Sussex not by the sea and actually nearer to Sevenoaks than the coast

2 Not allowed!
    If there is one thing that winds me up, even before Coronavirus, its is couples having to do the shop jointly and having to inspect and debate at length each individual item before committing it to their basket. I dream of having a "Ben Hur" adapted trolley with scythes on the wheels to deal with them
    1 -2 and Arsenal are still all over the place!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The oldest known computer

2 Not allowed!
      We’ve got a fresh food wholesaler near us that usually supplies the restaurant trade, but are now delivering locally. Amazing selection of fresh veg, fruit, meat, eggs at wholesale prices. Better than anything from the supermarkets

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Aldi (boundary road)
      From a few visits, this is well stocked. The aisles, unfortunately, are narrow, which compounds the trickiness of avoiding fellow shoppers who can't seem to comprehend how to stick to the chevrons they've clearly labelled the floor with.

Is it entirely necessary to go within an inch of someone in order to exhaustively inspect a tin of cat meat? Or to push into the spaces in the queue designed for distancing? Hopefully it's all due to nervousness and desperation, cos I don't feel encouraged about the coming new world of interconnectedness if it's innate.
      The Seagull Line

Overweight, frustrated, unsuccessful
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Wife went to Tesco's today, still no pasta and no tomatoes sauce. We didn't need any loo roll so not sure with that. Flour also empty
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die

0 Not allowed!
      I had to the weekly shop last Friday at Tesco in the Holmbush, the queue to get in started behind the click and collect collection point, it took about 30 mins from there but everyone was respecting the 2m rule. Once in the store a member of staff provided hand sanitizer and another colleague wiped down the trolley and scan as you go handsets. Most stock was available, loo roll aplenty, no pasta, tomato sauce, beans but many lines had full availability. Queuing for the checkout was a 2m zone again, and self scan and the scan as you go checkouts were only open every other lane to keep to the social distancing guidelines.
      What?

3 Not allowed!
      Did a fair sized shop at Waitrose yesterday. Bit of a treat as it's very easy to spunk money there. Back to Asda for essentials next time. Went lunchtime. 10 min queue to get in. Spotted an Albion player in the queue as I left - queue wasn't moving quickly which suited him

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portslade seagull View Post
      Wife went to Tesco's today, still no pasta and no tomatoes sauce. We didn't need any loo roll so not sure with that. Flour also empty
      It does come from Italy...
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
      WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      Went to M&S on Sunday - no queues, fully stocked shelves, very civilised.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Gul View Post
      Did a fair sized shop at Waitrose yesterday. Bit of a treat as it's very easy to spunk money there. Back to Asda for essentials next time. Went lunchtime. 10 min queue to get in. Spotted an Albion player in the queue as I left - queue wasn't moving quickly which suited him
      Gross?
      Its not how big the dog is in the fight,its how big the fight is in the dog.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      I'm going to do my weekly shop tomorrow and I have a few around me and I'm really not choosy.

(I had started going out to the local greengrocers, butchers etc, but still had to go to the supermarket for other stuff, before all this crap happened ).

So, which (given I'm going to queue for ages around a car park), should it be?

Sainsbury (Goldstone Valley)
      Asda (Hollingbury)
      Tesco (Holm bush)
      M&S (Holm bush)
      Waitrose (Dog stadium)
      Lidl (boundary road)
      Aldi (Shoreham - or maybe the other way round)

I don't need statements on your view of each supermarket, just which will be easier to get in and out of. (And if you really need a decider, wine, or because I was too stupid to hoard from my normal supplier )
      Where's "Sainsbury (Goldstone Valley)" ?

Went to Aldi Portslade yesterday and got a parking space easily and walked straight in. Pretty well stocked including toilet rolls. Then had to queue for Sainsburys WEST HOVE ( took about 30 min to get in )and still lots of empty shelves.
      BAN Village Idiots
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."