Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Social distancing

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would put this on Brighton people Facebook page etc, but there are some exercise facists on there who jump on anyone who isn’t locking themselves in a cupboard for the foreseeable future.

When the weather starts to get warmer, assuming you will keep 6 ft apart, which to be honest we are all getting very good at this.....can you go and visit your neighbour and sit away from each other in the garden and have a beer etc or is that regarded as too risky?

Asking for a few mates!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I would put this on Brighton people Facebook page etc, but there are some exercise facists on there who jump on anyone who isn’t locking themselves in a cupboard for the foreseeable future.

When the weather starts to get warmer, assuming you will keep 6 ft apart, which to be honest we are all getting very good at this.....can you go and visit your neighbour and sit away from each other in the garden and have a beer etc or is that regarded as too risky?

Asking for a few mates!

Not yet.
The time may come, but not yet.
For now, the rules need to be kept very simple and very clear. And the rule is that you can't leave the house for any reason beyond food, medicine, exercise and essential work We all know that as soon as any personal judgement is introduced, everyone starts to count themselves as 'a special case' and the stupidity pills begin circulating. As we saw the weekend before the lockdown.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
giphy.gif

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No, £60 fine for each person attending.

No doubt the Police drones will be in force when the warmer weather comes out to clampdown on this selfish behaviour.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Asking for a few mates!

Shame Grealish didn’t ask the same question.
It’s the whole point of the exercise.
You don’t have to be a fascist to get annoyed with people who don’t get it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not yet.
For now, the rules need to be kept very simple and very clear. And the rule is that you can't leave the house for any reason beyond food, medicine, exercise and essential work We all know that as soon as any personal judgement is introduced, everyone starts to count themselves as 'a special case' and the stupidity pills begin circulating. As we saw the weekend before the lockdown.
And Mr Gove clarified that split home co-parenting travel is allowed.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Not yet.

The rules do seem to be simple and clear. It's important that they are there as ultimate sanctions but it also matters that public goodwill is retained (vital) by them being enforced with good judgement and discretion. Box-ticking midlands police forces aside, they are being.

On mothering Sunday we stood in at our back door while our daughter's family stood 3m away in the garden wishing my wife a happy day. It was lovely seeing them. No apologies. Twice a day, every morning and evening, I take our dog out across the fields, never coming near to breaking the 2m rule. No apologies there either.

(You missed helping vulnerable people from the list of acceptable reasons for leaving the house.)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When are people allowed to leave their homes?

Mr Johnson said everybody should stay at home and would only be allowed to leave for specific reasons:
People should not meet friends or family members who do not live with them

Reads pretty clearly to me.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I don't have / haven't purchased a face mask but I do have a snorkel for er snorkeling, covers the eyes, nose and the air intake is up over my head away from people, seems like a good idea and no one seems get close, in fact they seem to keep quite a distance.....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the downs are ok if can get there easily enough on foot ?

cant see that being monitored . Its ironically the best way to get away from people as the parks are busy with people

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
the downs are ok if can get there easily enough on foot ?

cant see that being monitored . Its ironically the best way to get away from people as the parks are busy with people

The Downs are fantastic at the moment.

My daily exercise is a mountain bike ride on The Downs - they are virtually on my doorstep. Now that fewer people are driving there (but some still are) you find yourself in glorious isolation - not seeing anyone at all for long periods. When you do come across someone else it is rare that you come within ten metres of them, let alone two.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
We have been advised that street 'parties' of coffee on the door step / in the road / on your porch with all the neighbours out in one go is a no go. We should be actively discouraging gatherings.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Of course.

I guess you could also lift a couple of fence panels out the way too...

I know you post in jest but now is not the time to find a way around or bend the rules

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here