Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The club have publicly said over the years how tough it is to survive financially each season, will the club be able to survive a totally blank 2020 if it comes to it?

Not just them, what about some of the other Counties?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've edited the thread title to add in the missing 'C', and changed the 'Albion' thread prefix, to 'Cricket'.

Don't be getting SLOPPY in these unusual times. Standards people. Standards.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Isn't the redevelopment going to keep them afloat for a few years?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I believe the ECB has a net worth of about £60 million pounds, it will need to spread some of that around.

The ICC must be worth multi millions as is the Indian Cricket Board.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If it goes ahead after all this finishes?

True, at least the have some commercial income for the offices at the moment but not enough to cover costs I'd guess?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good question from OP.

I guess some of their situation is the same as a normal business that struggles from year to year (i.e. very precarious) but then part of it is also very different in that they can expect to be supported by the ECB who are quite well off.

Some SCCC staff are already being furloughed which is fair enough if there isn't any work for them to do.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
All the Counties are going to have a big struggle if the season isn't played. As much as I'm a four day fan the Counties are going to be desperate to get both the 100 and T20 played.
It's not just Sussex think of the revenue lost at the Test grounds and not just the Test matches but the full houses at places like Lords, The Oval, Headingley, ect for T20 nights, sell outs and vast booze and food sales. These Counties pay big wages to do called super stars of the game are they going to take salary cuts?
The ECB are going to have to dog deep not just to aid the Counties but also players on central contracts.
Big decisions to be made by Counties, Country and ECB.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I believe the ECB has a net worth of about £60 million pounds, it will need to spread some of that around.

The ICC must be worth multi millions as is the Indian Cricket Board.

Teletext this morning saying the ECB has pledged £60 million to Counties and Clubs, £40 million to the Counties with £20 million to grassroot clubs in interest free loans.
Central Contract Players will not be asked to take a pay cut.
From that I should imagine the ECB has a lot more than £60 million in the bank.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here