Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs put 550 non-playing staff on furlough

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nobody more content than the owner of Spurs who's doing this to his staff while living in tax exile with a reported £4.2bn.

But yes you're right the players should definitely be pay even more into the kitty.

PB hasn’t ruled out ‘cuts’ at Brighton...TB is a fairly wealthy individual..........what would be the reaction if we followed the same route even if not on the same scale

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
PB hasn’t ruled out ‘cuts’ at Brighton...TB is a fairly wealthy individual..........what would be the reaction if we followed the same route even if not on the same scale

I would hope it's the same.

It's bad enough for posters to be so two-faced they're happy to call out footballers while not giving a penny themselves to help others.
I don't think I could cope with the pious sanctimony of then defending Mr Bloom.

Although I guess I won't be surprised as nobody seems to be calling out any of the current tax dodging fat cats causing unnecessary hardship.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would hope it's the same.

It's bad enough for posters to be so two-faced they're happy to call out footballers while not giving a penny themselves to help others.
I don't think I could cope with the pious sanctimony of then defending Mr Bloom.

Although I guess I won't be surprised as nobody seems to be calling out any of the current tax dodging fat cats causing unnecessary hardship.

This.

Tonight on R5 it was stated that the Barcelona players agreed 2 weeks ago to a pay cut and it took till now to get the wording and arrangements set up. In the meantime someone was leaking that the players were being selfish shits.

I suspect it will be a while before the true landscapes are clear.

Also, I heard Robbie Savage floundering on what is a fair pay cut. Like may of the innumerate he thinks a 20% pay cut is fair for players but not for other staff because they would be losing more. No Robbie, it would be less :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This.

Tonight on R5 it was stated that the Barcelona players agreed 2 weeks ago to a pay cut and it took till now to get the wording and arrangements set up. In the meantime someone was leaking that the players were being selfish shits.

I suspect it will be a while before the true landscapes are clear.

Also, I heard Robbie Savage floundering on what is a fair pay cut. Like may of the innumerate he thinks a 20% pay cut is fair for players but not for other staff because they would be losing more. No Robbie, it would be less :facepalm:

I woke up to 'make the players pay' a short while ago.
When I started to see it I saw/see it everywhere.

As this is a Spurs thread, I'll say it again using Spurs as the perfect example.

- Furloughing staff is probably Levy's decision.
- Signed off by Joe Lewis
- Mr Lewis is based in the Bahamas
- Mr Lewis has a net worth of £4.358 billion, an increase of £462 million from 2018

- This is not a decision made by the players.
- This is a decision made by their employer.

Judging by the reaction on this thread I can only assume, the vast majority of posters believe:-

The players are forcing Lewis to furlough 550 non playing staff.
and/or
They believe the players have a net worth greater than £4.358 billion.
and/or
all the players must be registered in tax havens.

Now if all that is true then where do I sign up.

But if by chance that's not the case and the wealthiest man at the club is responsible for the 'restructure in these difficult times', while not pay a fair percentage of his own wealth in taxes.

WHAT THE F**K HAS THIS GOT TO DO WITH THE PLAYERS?

Why the hell is Lewis seemingly getting away with this bullshit?

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It’s disgraceful the behaviour of Spurs.

Immoral to get tax payers to bail out the lower paid while the millionaires remain untouched
High time the PFA came to an agreement to cut Premier League wages like Barcelona

Spurs are tsking the p""s, I always some would abuse the government scheme but they should know better. Absolute parasites

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here