Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this classed as Essential?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I guess you made it home then.

That must have been a wonderful feeling:thumbsup:

Well I'm a bit numb with the usual jet lag and wine, but underneath the exhaustion I think I'm feeling rather emotional. Yes, wonderful. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Postie came with a handful of stuff whilst I was outside. I asked him if there was any actual post, he said 'No'. So I asked him to leave it in the box just outside the door (the recycling box). He did.

What an inessential exercise all round.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Postal Workers union CWU has said to Royal Mail that they can't see the point of advertising mail at this time.
I can't see the point of advertising cruises on daytime TV at the moment either, but it hasn't stopped them! Or advertising Ourtime, and quite a few other things we can't have/do now anyway.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bloody postman still managed to deliver my credit card statement. Which didn't look too pretty (to the Mrs) for a couple of reasons. Thought I was going to be able to dodge that conversation for a while FFS.

have u noticed too the tv adverts, at least on the non terrestial channels seem to now be for retirements planning, funerals not surprsingly and for things you can do at home like decorating. One today was for some company selling replacement windows and loft windows and rather insensitively mentioned "we're all working at home more these day...so make sure u have plenty of light". Of course if you want to use their services you are going to have to wait Winter(!) before their staff can come and fit them...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't see the point of advertising cruises on daytime TV at the moment either, but it hasn't stopped them! Or advertising Ourtime, and quite a few other things we can't have/do now anyway.

They will paid for months in advance.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Like most of us, I haven't seen it, even after clicking the link!

Re: junk mail, though, annoying as it is, it has a purpose. Nobody writes letters these days, and many bills, bank statements, etc. are sent electronically (even though some of us still opt for the paper versions) so the royal Mail's main revenue streams have disappeared. Thanks to a certain government's 'foresight' 30 years ago in selling off an industry for a one-off cash boost, the service is now a private company which needs to make a profit.
Without the junk mail, now its main revenue stream, the postal service wouldn't exist. Hence the bloody junk is a necessary evil, unless or until we re-nationalise the Royal Mail - and I tink most us would agree that the government has othe priorities to worry about for now!.

keeps Printers in jobs too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here