Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Missing Teen - Owen Harding

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Bounce ..... let's hope there's some good news soon.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Agreed, let's hope.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
ive just read the bbc news article, as soon as i saw the picture of Owen in the woodingdean colours it bought back some memories of the night the picture was taken, im pretty sure it was a cup final at peacehaven, sorry i know its all irrelavant at this time but keeps the thread at the top, fingers crossed for some good news soon!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lengthy piece in BBC News online today - was second 'Most Read' item when I looked earlier. Fingers crossed the extra exposure may help trigger somebody's recall of seeing Owen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52386283

That article is heartbreaking.

I was born and raised in Saltdean, spent a large part of my formative years playing football in the park along the road from the missing boys house, sledged along the cliffs the article talked about. I really, really hope there's a happy ending and soon.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I have kids of a similar age and I’d be absolutely distraught if it happened to me. Keep looking out for him.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
ive just read the bbc news article, as soon as i saw the picture of Owen in the woodingdean colours it bought back some memories of the night the picture was taken, im pretty sure it was a cup final at peacehaven, sorry i know its all irrelavant at this time but keeps the thread at the top, fingers crossed for some good news soon!

Yep, we won the Cup final in extra time that night vs Seaford...who had thrashed us earlier in the season. Amazing night for the boys. The photo was taken by one of my mates who is a freelance photographer, and it was one of a load I put on my Facebook page as it was 3 years ago last week - ironically to the day since Owen went missing. I will see if I can put them up on here.

Another mate whos a musician has done a recording of G'nR's "Sweet Child of Mine" for Owens mum Stella that she requested...absolutely stunning and brought me to tears. He could only do one take as he was too emotional afterwards as well...will see if I can link it on here as well.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
A few from that magical night - & Owen was a key part of an amazing team that went from Div 5, up to Div 2 all in consecutive seasons....and County Cup Champs along the way.
They also won the "Manchester Cup" in their final ever game up in Manchester, beating Rochdales Academy team on penalties.

IMG_20200421_120144_700.jpgIMG_20200421_120144_702.jpg
IMG_20200421_120144_715.jpgIMG_20200421_120144_745.jpg
IMG_20200421_120144_747.jpgIMG_20200421_120144_754.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Bounce and hoping for good news soon

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Blimey, those football pics hit home. Anyone growing up with kids football will know that all the boys/girls in your own kid's team almost become your own and you always ask after them once they've grown up and become young men/women.

Keep the faith everyone. As has been said before, people go missing for longer and still turn up safe and well.

Thoughts and prayers with this young lad and all his family and friends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here