Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BHA called my Dad in his 90s

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thank you very much, [MENTION=2903]mrhairy[/MENTION], for taking the time to post that. Best wishes to you and your family.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Hopefully you’ll tell your dad (by phone) about this thread

I did call him and he put the phone on speaker so my Mum could hear as well. I read all the comments and they laughed. My did say that he would rather walk the dog than Paul barber as he pulls (the dog.). He did also say that he might take up the offer of left back. In short he thought it all fantastic and again it brightened up their day. Thanks for all of your replies guys.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
A lady called Jo called me this afternoon also to ask if I'm OK, and I'm only 73! I told her about my Zoom yoga classes and daily workouts.

They're calling all STHs over 70. It's a very classy initiative and typical of our club to think of us senior citizens.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The latest e-Newsletter has a piece by Paul Barber in it saying how much he and the staff/players who are doing it are getting out of it as well. It would be very easy to be cynical about it, but he mentioned how much the Community did for the club 20 years ago(what was that all about??), and that it is right and proper and great that the club can do something in return.....:albion2:

……. and yes, I do know what was going on 20 years ago.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A lady from the club rang my mum (86, WSU season ticket) today and asked if she was ok (which she is). They interrupted a massive clear out of the kitchen cupboards.

It's the thought that counts

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Class act by the club. I doubt many if any would have done that. This is how a local footy club should be run. Love this

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He did also say that he might take up the offer of left back. In short he thought it all fantastic and again it brightened up their day. Thanks for all of your replies guys.

I'd still pick your dad as left back over Jamie Campbell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here