Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] BHA called my Dad in his 90s

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
My Father, who was born in 1929 still has a Season ticket , received a call from Brighton yesterday concerned for his welfare and asking if he needed help. He also cares for my 90 year old Mum who has dementia, but still manages to take the dog for a two mile a day walk over the downs if he can get a carer in, as he does for match days. Obviously, he was made up. He is still going to ASDA.

It was one of the lady players Emily and he said they had a lovely chat. He doesn't need help but it so made his day. Well done Emily, Tony and Paul Barber you make me so proud to be a Brighton Season ticket holder with my kids as well. I think Paul barber has shown the rest of football up in this crisis with his ideas.

We are so much more than just a football club and although Premiership we still have that Withdean mentality. Once more thank you BHA and so proud to be a supporter..

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That’s a really heart warming story. Your dad sounds awesome by the way.

:bhasign:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Excellent - I hope he was also offered Honorary Membership of ''Swansman's Basement'' when it opens

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
That’s a really heart warming story. Your dad sounds awesome by the way.

:bhasign:

Thank you. He was still in the boxing ring refereeing at 82. Only a few years ago he stood in the ring at the Metropole waiting for Tyson Fury who then stormed out because of bad verdict on his cousin earlier. He still now goes to all the boxing meetings when he can with Eddie Richardson etc. There are some characters there. Did manage to watch the last Tyson fight with him in the early hours and didn't know that story about him and Tyson until that night.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Indeed a very nice thing for our club to do but I am not surprised we are all very lucky to be supporters of such a wounderful club

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From Shoreham through to now, and all points in between, it's pretty much impossible to find a misstep from the club.

That in itself is mightily impressive.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I could say something like, he really shouldn't be going out to Asda at his grand old age, and to stay indoors self isolating, but l've a feeling that whatever any one says, it won't stop him, he seems to be that sort of character.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
It seems to be "smaller" and more community minded clubs that do this as I'm told that Norwich City are doing this also.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Impressive by the Club, but even more impressive is what we've been told about this wonderful gentleman! Good luck to him and his wife. It's great to have fellow Albion fans of that calibre!

Thank you very much. He's just done all the garden ready for my Mum, painted all the fence etc. Walking the dog for miles in the hill in Patcham is his release, as he has to do everything for my Mum. The shame is I am on 12 weeks isolation so I cannot see them at the moment. These are mad times which bring out the bad and the good, but there has been a lot of good things, and I am proud that Brighton are offering tickets to NHS workers and I owe a debt to them, as we all do.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thank you very much. He's just done all the garden ready for my Mum, painted all the fence etc. Walking the dog for miles in the hill in Patcham is his release, as he has to do everything for my Mum. The shame is I am on 12 weeks isolation so I cannot see them at the moment. These are mad times which bring out the bad and the good, but there has been a lot of good things, and I am proud that Brighton are offering tickets to NHS workers and I owe a debt to them, as we all do.

Hopefully you’ll tell your dad (by phone) about this thread

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here