Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home deliveries

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Sake.

We started doing these for us at the turn of the year. My sister started doing these for our old folks soon after to lessen the strain on me as I did their shopping. For the last couple of weeks there have been no slots available. This means I now have to shop for my old folks and my Mrs has to shop for us and her old folks for the foreseeable. Makes it fukken hard to go out as infrequently as possible. Also means we have to get quite a lot to avoid going in unnecessarily.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sake.

We started doing these for us at the turn of the year. My sister started doing these for our old folks soon after to lessen the strain on me as I did their shopping. For the last couple of weeks there have been no slots available. This means I now have to shop for my old folks and my Mrs has to shop for us and her old folks for the foreseeable. Makes it fukken hard to go out as infrequently as possible. Also means we have to get quite a lot to avoid going in unnecessarily.

A pal of mine is on the At Risk list and his wife can't drive as she is disabled and he can't get a home deliver slot anywhere. Shops are supposedly prioritising the elderly and At Risk groups but it certainly does not seem like it.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
A pal of mine is on the At Risk list and his wife can't drive as she is disabled and he can't get a home deliver slot anywhere. Shops are supposedly prioritising the elderly and At Risk groups but it certainly does not seem like it.

I had a very nice email from Mike somebody, CEO at Sainsbury's telling me they were prioritising the vulnerable, which my wife is, they suggested you phone to register as vulnerable with them. I spent 2 days, phoning over 130 times, to try and get through to their customer services number - and eventually gave up!

I have had another nice email from Mike, telling me they now have access to the government database of vulnerable people, and they will be writing to us next week! I won't hold my breath...

I know it's not the supermarkets fault, but it isn't getting any easier to get provisions if you can't go out!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I had a very nice email from Mike somebody, CEO at Sainsbury's telling me they were prioritising the vulnerable, which my wife is, they suggested you phone to register as vulnerable with them. I spent 2 days, phoning over 130 times, to try and get through to their customer services number - and eventually gave up!

I have had another nice email from Mike, telling me they now have access to the government database of vulnerable people, and they will be writing to us next week! I won't hold my breath...

I know it's not the supermarkets fault, but it isn't getting any easier to get provisions if you can't go out!

Yes, I think he said he was told by one of the supermarkets that he was a priority.... but.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have you looked at local farm shops etc? Many near me are taking orders for collection or delivery to minimise how much you need to go out

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Sake.

Same here. Started ordering online last year for my mum who's in her 90s now there are no slots anywhere for at least two weeks. Local farm shops no longer taking orders. Guess I'm going to have to brave the supermarket and hope I don't get infected 🥺

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This was posted on Reddit over the weekend:

http://www.brightonquarantine.co.uk/

It's a list of independent retailers in Brighton still carrying out deliveries. There's a fair few food places on there; we ordered a large veg box from one this morning and it's due for delivery tomorrow.

Chap who made it says it's updated regularly. Thought it might be useful for those of you having trouble locking down a slot from one of the supermarkets.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Between us, me and my sister are checking three supermarket sites. Naff all.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ordered some stuff from Superfoods based in Bradford, sadly some people have been dishing out abuse when stuff doesn't turn up, just sick. See email below...

Hello,

Thank you to everyone who has been so kind, patient and supportive to us.

We have cleared most of the backlog now, and by the end of this week we hope to be back on top of things. Our team has worked 7 days a week, sometimes 12-14 hours a day to catch up. All orders will have had one of the following outcomes by the end of this week:

Fully Sent
• The entire order has been sent and already delivered or will be delivered soon

Partially Sent & Partially Refunded
• The order was partially sent, and partially refunded. This is because we prioritised our remaining stock for key workers, elderly and vulnerable customers as well as supplying the charities and hospitals we usually supply.

Fully Refunded
• The order was or will be refunded in full, either at the customer's request or because the remaining stock was prioritised for key workers, elderly and vulnerable customers as well as supplying the charities and hospitals we usually supply.

Sadly, a handful of customers have been less than kind. These typically have been first time customers who were unaware of our normal ordering process and ordered large quantities of hundreds of lines. Some of the comments to our team have been horrible and sustained, such as:

• "You are the septic discharge of society"
• "Northern ****** scum"
• "Drink bleach"

These communications have been forwarded onto West Yorkshire Police.

May I kindly ask all customers to please be kind to retail and warehouse workers such as ourselves at this incredibly difficult and challenging times.

We hope to open again to the wider public at the end of this week for new orders. Thank you again to everyone who has shown us kindness and compassion - it will be rewarded and not be forgotten.

Kind regards
Gemma Andrews
Co-Founder and Managing Director

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Tesco certainly weren’t prioritising the at risk groups. My in-laws have done all the right things and stayed at home and we helped them get to grips with the home delivery service before the lockdown was announced as they were already self-isolating. Tesco cancelled their delivery with about an hour’s notice! Brother-in-law, who doesn’t drive, then had to go and get them some essentials and deliver it on foot.

Hopefully, their next delivery will actually arrive!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here