Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Catch-Up Call: Iñigo Calderón and Uwe Hünemeier

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
We have a new series running on MyAlbion+ soon. Catch-Up Call will feature two Albion players on a conference call... first up Calde and Uwe tomorrow... Over to you NSC for questions you might like answered...

Plus open to suggestions for future episodes, but some good names lined up including Lee Steele, John Keeley, Garry Nelson, Guy Butters, Bruno and others...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
To John Keeley - How much do you remember about drinking in The Stadium Pub, Old Shoreham Road, Hove? :lol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
John Keeley and Garry Nelson!

My two childhood Albion heroes. Nelson scored the first ever Albion goal I saw. In the first ever game I went to. In, fittingly considering what was coming over the next decade, my first ever Albion loss. As a goalkeeper Keeley was the player I most wanted to be. I bloody love those two!

The only question I can think of, and is probably usable for any well loved ex player, is:

How much, if ever, do they think about the impact they have on people just by playing football? Is it weird for them that 30 years after leaving the club they can reduce middle aged men to little kids just by reliving their exploits and the rush of youthful excitement and nostalgia it brings?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
John Keeley and Garry Nelson!

My two childhood Albion heroes. Nelson scored the first ever Albion goal I saw. In the first ever game I went to. In, fittingly considering what was coming over the next decade, my first ever Albion loss. As a goalkeeper Keeley was the player I most wanted to be. I bloody love those two!

The only question I can think of, and is probably usable for any well loved ex player, is:

How much, if ever, do they think about the impact they have on people just by playing football? Is it weird for them that 30 years after leaving the club they can reduce middle aged men to little kids just by reliving their exploits and the rush of youthful excitement and nostalgia it brings?

Two good questions, of players that l admired too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have a new series running on MyAlbion+ soon. Catch-Up Call will feature two Albion players on a conference call... first up Calde and Uwe tomorrow... Over to you NSC for questions you might like answered..
'Do either of you know where I left my car keys?'

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I would like to ask David Stockdale for the real reason he he come with us to the promised land. I remember many offered their own speculation as did I....

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Nels and Keeley

Which of your team mates did you rate the most in the promotion season?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
How about Mark MgGhee and Leon Knight ?

First question - how is their social distancing going ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We have a new series running on MyAlbion+ soon. Catch-Up Call will feature two Albion players on a conference call... first up Calde and Uwe tomorrow... Over to you NSC for questions you might like answered...

Plus open to suggestions for future episodes, but some good names lined up including Lee Steele, John Keeley, Garry Nelson, Guy Butters, Bruno and others...

Could they be asked to perform GOSBTS in a German/Spanish styleeee with a glockenspiel and bandurria :D

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Question for Uwe Hünemeier:

Would it happen in Germany?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ask Nelson about THAT goal at Brentford. Best he ever scored? Certainly the best i've seen live.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Did Garry Nelson ever score a hatrick? I can remember him scoring two in a game many times, but not three?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here