Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League / Football League attempts to finish the season

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
19th June PL fixtures start, Championship soon afterwards.

According to TS this afternoon, both leagues are relieved and pleased that an overwhelming proportion of tests are negative.

Aside from that, it was felt that certain clubs such as Manure (I'd add Newcastle), will continue to make mega signings this summer. With a new PR strategy of making all big transfer fees undisclosed, to avoid a public reaction, in these difficult times.

In summary, the football business moves on.

Making the obscenity secret just makes it worse.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I see there is an alleged cover up around how many tests are resulting in false negatives. Healthcare professionals are saying that the figure is somewhere between 20% - 30%, but the Government and PHE are refusing to provide the data. Separately, research in the BMJ shows correct positives can be as low as 32%. This is worrying in the healthcare sector, obviously, as doctors and nurses are going to work thinking they are fine, but spreading the virus unknowingly. It's obviously also pretty concerning from a football perspective, I would have thought.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I see there is an alleged cover up around how many tests are resulting in false negatives. Healthcare professionals are saying that the figure is somewhere between 20% - 30%, but the Government and PHE are refusing to provide the data. Separately, research in the BMJ shows correct positives can be as low as 32%. This is worrying in the healthcare sector, obviously, as doctors and nurses are going to work thinking they are fine, but spreading the virus unknowingly. It's obviously also pretty concerning from a football perspective, I would have thought.

My daughter has been saying this for weeks. Her Covid ward patients test negative time and again, only to then test positive later despite no change in symptoms/condition.........

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All is good between the PL and Sky/BT, as they work together to get the show back on the road.

40EDE478-24C3-4F85-9D9D-CE0A7235D0F1.png

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
Interesting, but using a twenty two game sample to determine any long term affect is very very dangerous, especially if you are thinking of using that data to bet with.

Turf accountants will soon enough factor this into pricing up games if it continues, well done to anyone who has speculated on this happening so far though.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If the home advantage disappears then Brightons chances of staying up increases, as our away games are a lot easier than our home games.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Talk that the PL are going to set Sept 12/13 as a definite date for starting the 2020/21 season.

That would confirm the 'window' for completing this season, and – critically – mean that if it started and then had to stop again, would probably never get completed.

Which could potentially be the worst-case scenario for us, should we get say the first 6 games done, but not the last three (Saints, Newcastle, Burnley)...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Talk that the PL are going to set Sept 12/13 as a definite date for starting the 2020/21 season.

That would confirm the 'window' for completing this season, and – critically – mean that if it started and then had to stop again, would probably never get completed.

Which could potentially be the worst-case scenario for us, should we get say the first 6 games done, but not the last three (Saints, Newcastle, Burnley)...
I think it would be pretty likely - given club statements about fairness in an uncompleted season - that we'd go to court if relegated without all 38 games being played.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sounds like tomorrow's meeting will now be about confirming the fixture list and TV coverage for games.

Shit just got a bit more real, football wise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here