Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is on the BBC live ticker atm:

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 20.36.00.png

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sounds more like speculation than anything else.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The PL meeting isn't until April 3rd.

Doubt anything would be agreed before then.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Again, whilst this is speculation, this makes a mockery of the league and puts us at a significant disadvantage. Having played Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal away we would lose our home advantage by playing these games behind closed doors. If they can't complete the season under the same terms as before (and already players returning from injury etc gives some teams an advantage they wouldn't have had) then they should just bin it. And that's before you consider the logistical and moral issues of having emergency services etc present for a behind closed doors match. Play in front of a full crowd or not at all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it goes behind closed doors I think that would suit us better with no external pressure on our passing game we should see a lot of teams off

Plus our players would be better equipped to deal with the (lack of) atmosphere...

...am I right...

...hello, is this thing on...

...come on people we kid because we love.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Again, whilst this is speculation, this makes a mockery of the league and puts us at a significant disadvantage. Having played Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal away we would lose our home advantage by playing these games behind closed doors. If they can't complete the season under the same terms as before (and already players returning from injury etc gives some teams an advantage they wouldn't have had) then they should just bin it. And that's before you consider the logistical and moral issues of having emergency services etc present for a behind closed doors match. Play in front of a full crowd or not at all.
Also, if star players at for example Chelsea walk away at contract end on June 30th, then that is a massive advantage to West Ham, Watford and Norwich.

The league integrity is gone if it goes into July or beyond.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Surely It has to be decided before then . The make up of next years prem has to be known so as to work out fixtures for next season starting August.

actually I would fear for the Albion in those circumstances. After a long lay off, we would need a pre season to get going again. I worry that we would not pick up the momentum and lose matches. Anyway , with more and more players going down with it how are teams to field teams?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Surely It has to be decided before then . The make up of next years prem has to be known so as to work out fixtures for next season starting August.

actually I would fear for the Albion in those circumstances. After a long lay off, we would need a pre season to get going again. I worry that we would not pick up the momentum and lose matches. Anyway , with more and more players going down with it how are teams to field teams?

Doubt next season will be starting in August.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here