Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Withdean years

Jimmy Grimble

Our away following in those early Withdean years was ridiculous for a division 3/2 side.

Wish there was more footage/pictures of that era. You only see it a couple of times in that video.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our away following in those early Withdean years was ridiculous for a division 3/2 side.

Wish there was more footage/pictures of that era. You only see it a couple of times in that video.

I seldom travelled myself, but was always proud of the huge numbers who travelled to the likes of P’boro, Charlton, Cheaterfield. So often well into 4 figures.

It seemed counter-intuitive - we have a makeshift home stadium, so let’s enjoy away days en masse.

When the club played pre season friendlies in northern France at that time, did many Albion fans travel?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I seldom travelled myself, but was always proud of the huge numbers who travelled to the likes of P’boro, Charlton, Cheaterfield. So often well into 4 figures.

It seemed counter-intuitive - we have a makeshift home stadium, so let’s enjoy away days en masse.

When the club played pre season friendlies in northern France at that time, did many Albion fans travel?

Probably 1,000 at Le Havre

Also big away following when we were playing at Gillingham.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

As stated around a 1,000, it was my youngests' first away game as well

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Plymouth away. What a weekend. Me and my lad in shot. Probably did more away games that season than any other. :clap2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Can't quite remember (will have to dig 'em out) which of the early Withdean seasons the club used to send out free Season Review DVDs to STHs. Think a couple of times they even sent out HALF Season Reviews. So there actually IS quite a bit of footage out there. Would be grand if it could be made available online

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Probably my favourite ever season. So many great memories.

I must have done 40ish games in the league that season, including the Scunthorpe away game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here