Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The NSC decorating thread

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Anyone else succumbed to home improvements to while away the hours ? Started on the hall this morning - sanded down all the paintwork and added the undercoat - a little every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
7786B851-977F-4D43-B20C-20D084821E59.jpeg

Just taken 5 days and coats on this. Now a few days fixing fabric to the door panels.

When I cut out chunks of carpet and dropped paint all over what was left, I had no idea I wouldn’t be able to get new carpet for months.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If outside counts then yes.

Dug over two raised beds, levelling out the floor then concrete down so I have an artificially high base to the beds themselves which I’ll sadly have to wait for lockdown to end to get compost for but the plan is to plant herbs in the highest one and have the lower one as a vegetable garden our daughter can get involved with.

Also fixed my neighbours fence because he’s too lazy to do it and managed to get Wickes to deliver some gravel boards to edge some decking with ready for 6 tonnes of topsoil and turf to arrive once this is all over.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
just about to take up 10sq metres of lawn, edge it with railway sleepers and fill up with compost and topsoil, which i managed to get delivered last Monday.

then making some cloches with some polythene sheets from work to get the soil warming

preparing the seed potatoes to get them ready to plant in a week or so

then all we ready for the veg and salad seeds to start going in once soils warm enough

haven’t grown veg in years and thought i’d give it a go again. Certainly looks like i chose an apt year to do it again

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Freshened up the bathroom ceiling. I'm going to make some more fence panels soon, feather edge not wavy. I've got to replace greenhouse roof sometime. Coverboard over the last of the wooden window sills when I can be bothered. The jobs I need to do could go on both sides of a roll of bog paper......but I wouldn't want to waste it???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I very nearly repaired my shed roof today and tomorrow I’m going to look at the weeds in the garden borders.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yep - My study which had a few long cracks in the paint work that needed filling (for the last 5 years!) have now finally been addressed. Gaps filled and today sanded down. Tomorrow the painting starts. Not a big fan of DIY but if ever there was a time, now is that time. I even creasoted my dad's fence panels last week too!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I've looked at the instructions of 3 flat pack sets of drawers twice now, I need a 2 week break now before I start putting it together incorrectly. .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I can’t paint or in fact do any diy however simple ! So unfortunately I can’t catch up on any little jobs although the good news is the wife is aware I’m useless at diy so doesn’t ever ask me !

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have ripped out the bathroom for a refurb, suite out tiles off the wall and ceiling down,
All been 're plastered waiting for new suite to arrive on Tuesday. In the meantime going to repaint the bedroom.
Hate having nothing to do.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
View attachment 121547

Just taken 5 days and coats on this. Now a few days fixing fabric to the door panels.

When I cut out chunks of carpet and dropped paint all over what was left, I had no idea I wouldn’t be able to get new carpet for months.

Job done. Bit fiddly making hems and stapling in the fabric.
Now to wait for carpet shops and handle shops to open.

CDF62AC7-E16F-4AB4-9219-8FA31F73F0D9.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here