Votes: 69 32.5%
  • Full on Oliver Reed mode

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Now we're all in home confinement are you drinking more, less or about the same ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Significantly less. Rarely drink at home and that's not changed since the pubs have closed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Same (i.e. a bit more than the government recommendation for weekly consumption!). Have drunk more at home than in pubs for years now. Cheaper, and you don't have to spend the entire evening nursing a single pint (or a half if it's stronger ale or cider) because you've got to drive home.

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
About the same, but spread more evenly throughout the week.........still too much though.:cheers:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Not excessively more but a bit, usually in response to watching the news. I have got 11 more weeks of this, at least, so I have to get into a routine which is a bit healthier.

About the same, perhaps a little more as I like to support the town's only independent "offie" who hold a good stock of bottled Harvey's.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Significantly more. Like a ****ing fish.

Need to stop.

Blimey Bozza, all those months of abstinence up in smoke ? It is getting a balance that is the problem. I try to be totally dry Sun/Mon/Tue and used to have my first drink of the week at approx. 8pm at my local pub quiz.... then I would probably drink Thurs/Fri/ Sat and back on the wagon Sometimes I would have to drive Saturday nights and I'd go dry then too even though I could have one pint and drive, it just didn't seem worth it.

I can understand the stress levels at the moment are running high but it is important to keep a lid on things, too much boozing requires more frequent trips out to restock booze which obviously puts you more at risk of The Bug.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey Bozza, all those months of abstinence up in smoke ? It is getting a balance that is the problem. I try to be totally dry Sun/Mon/Tue and used to have my first drink of the week at approx. 8pm at my local pub quiz.... then I would probably drink Thurs/Fri/ Sat and back on the wagon Sometimes I would have to drive Saturday nights and I'd go dry then too even though I could have one pint and drive, it just didn't seem worth it.

I can understand the stress levels at the moment are running high but it is important to keep a lid on things, too much boozing requires more frequent trips out to restock booze which obviously puts you more at risk of The Bug.

Here’s the thing though...

I am currently the lightest I can remember being. It’s possible I’ve not been this weight since I was about 18.

My fitness is also probably as good as It’s ever been. I’ve already run 160 miles this month (possibly the most ever) with four days (I’ve not run yet today) still to go.

I’ve run for the last 57 days straight, and I’m still going.

I’ve broken my 10km PB twice this month, including a week ago today when I took nearly a minute and a half off it, without really trying.

I also think I’ve got relatively low levels of stress. Three to four weeks ago that wasn’t the case, as I could see what was coming. Now, I think I’m in some sort of acceptance mode. I’ve not seen the TV news for weeks and I’ve not visited any news sites for a similar length of time. I tend to catch one or two news bulletins on the radio each day and that’s enough to keep me abreast of what’s going on and what we should be doing.

But, despite all this I am drinking too much. I’ll knock it on the head - maybe not today though - it’s Saturday after all!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Alcohol sale is monopolized here so they only sell it in Systembolaget stores and to get to the closest I need to go by tram (from a location where people are either old or immigrants, some of which have been poorly informed about the situation), enter this (currently) death trap of a store and then go back on the same, often overpopulated tram.

Our pubs, bars etc are still open but no one is going there and the ones in my nearby area is too dangerous anyway.

No drinking for me for a while... probably a good thing though I rarely drink alone anyway. Probably would drink quite a lot currently (boredom) if they sold it in regular stores though.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I am currently the lightest I can remember being. It’s possible I’ve not been this weight since I was about 18.

My fitness is also probably as good as It’s ever been. I’ve already run 160 miles this month (possibly the most ever) with four days (I’ve not run yet today) still to go.

I’ve broken my 10km PB twice this month, including a week ago today when I took nearly a minute and a half off it, without really trying.

I also think I’ve got relatively low levels of stress. Three to four weeks ago that wasn’t the case, as I could see what was coming. Now, I think I’m in some sort of acceptance mode. I’ve not seen the TV news for weeks and I’ve not visited any news sites for a similar length of time. I tend to catch one or two news bulletins on the radio each day and that’s enough to keep me abreast of what’s going on and what we should be doing.

But, despite all this I am drinking too much. I’ll knock it on the head - maybe not today though - it’s Saturday after all!

Sounds like you have a body like a well oiled machine, excuse the pun ! I'm also at a degree of acceptance, still really hard to cope with the daily death toll going up though,although the long term figure has been revised down. I have switched a lot of my drinking towards wine and spirits though which may well be worse for me. Sadly its getting hard to source regular good beer supplies although Brooksteed are doing a free home delivery service two days a week from next week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Alcohol sale is monopolized here so they only sell it in Systembolaget stores and to get to the closest I need to go by tram (from a location where people are either old or immigrants, some of which have been poorly informed about the situation), enter this (currently) death trap of a store and then go back on the same, often overpopulated tram.

Our pubs, bars etc are still open but no one is going there and the ones in my nearby area is too dangerous anyway.

No drinking for me for a while... probably a good thing though I rarely drink alone anyway. Probably would drink quite a lot currently (boredom) if they sold it in regular stores though.

Eye-wateringly expensive where you live in any case tho eh? Combined with a long dark winter, wouldn't wish it on me worst enemy. Especially as you Scandos for the time being can no longer go head-mental on strong Winter sunshine and GORGE on what you must consider as nearly free beer in the Canaries. Nevermind, all things must pass. For all of us

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not getting pissed at home, but I am going through more tinnies than I usually would. And with the weather being how its been, and the knowledge I won't be driving anywhere, I've been in the back garden quaffing a few beers from mid-afternoon during the week, something that would never normally happen (as I'd ordinarily be at work). No visits to the pub in the evenings or at weekends probably balances it out though, so I'm probably not drinking any more than normal.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not a drop for 2 weeks as generally don't drink at home. I do miss an evening in the pub once a week or a few at the game but on a positive note I've lost half a stone in the last 2 weeks as I've not been out and have stretched my meals out with what I had left in my cupboards. Will have to venture out to the supermarket at some point this week which I'm not looking forward to.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
too much boozing requires more frequent trips out to restock booze which obviously puts you more at risk of The Bug.

Just picking up on this point - I haven't done that yet (bar one exception). I've largely cleared out the cider, beer and wine leftovers we had at home. This included a case of Magners - I'd never normally touch the stuff, it was a gift - and various bottles I had from Beer52 which I'd forgotten to cancel. I have now arrived at the point where there's no cider, beer nor wine left, although we do have a fair bit of gin and we do also seem to have a lot of Fever Tree too.

The one exception I mentioned above was one night this week - I went out for a late run around 9:15 and finished at 9:55 outside my local Tesco Express. I could see there were no other customers in the shop and the two staff were at the back so I dashed in, grabbed a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and self-scanned, paying by Apple Pay. I was back outside in less than a minute, having gone nowhere near anyone else.

I do agree on the broader point though on minimising shopping trips and we are certainly doing that by making do wherever possible with what we have, and aiming to do a single main weekly shop as we've always done, but cutting out numerous "popping to the shop" to just pick one up or two bits.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Also this!

I quit the booze in December and have gone from 13/9 to 12/1 (6ft tall).

I've been climbing lots and have been eating well (well, eating loads anyway).

I'm not stressed particularly but the past few days have been absolutely mental work wise and also planning for surviving this shit.

The "**** it" switch clicked in my alcoholic brain.

So I've been drinking. Wine. Lots of wine.

I'm not too concerned though as I know I will have no problem stopping again once the World becomes slightly more normal.

I do love a drink though.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Sorry to tell you Bozza but you have to keep up the not drinking much / at all if you want to keep the weight off and stay healthy. I found this out for myself !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here