[News] Furlough

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone employs you? Wow.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
If I’ve read your question correctly then the answer is no. If you have agreed to take furlough leave then you can’t work as it will invalidate the furlough.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If I’ve read your question correctly then the answer is no. If you have agreed to take furlough leave then you can’t work as it will invalidate the furlough.

Unless voluntary work

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
You cannot do a rotation of staff either. They either have to work or not and be on furlough.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
whats a furlough?
The means by which I get paid around 65% of my monthly salary for staying home. Doesn't include extras like car allowance or on call so won't be 80%. Interesting to see how they will fix payroll if the computers break as they have furloughed all of IT but that is for someone else to worry about.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
You cannot do a rotation of staff either. They either have to work or not and be on furlough.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

This is interesting, our boss was hoping to rotate in some way such as this, eg two people from our department take 2 weeks furlough then come back and two others take 2 weeks etc, but wasn't sure if it was possible. I take it it's not!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
can an employer ask you to work while being on furlough, just asking thanks :wink:
Regards
DF

I am also classed as a furloughed worker, I had an in depth email yesterday and it set out what I can and cannot do in relation to working. It states that I can go and do work as a volunteer or take a temporary job with another company whilst on furlough leave. It's my responsibility to look in to the tax implications but I am to return to my main employer once our shops re-open.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I am also classed as a furloughed worker, I had an in depth email yesterday and it set out what I can and cannot do in relation to working. It states that I can go and do work as a volunteer or take a temporary job with another company whilst on furlough leave. It's my responsibility to look in to the tax implications but I am to return to my main employer once our shops re-open.

You could only take on another temp job if it was outside your normal working hours.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
This is interesting, our boss was hoping to rotate in some way such as this, eg two people from our department take 2 weeks furlough then come back and two others take 2 weeks etc, but wasn't sure if it was possible. I take it it's not!

No it’s not. You can’t rotate or dip in and out. We have furloughed a number of staff and I expect some will return to essential work when those currently working are ill or self-isolating.

Furloughing can be backdated to 1/3 and runs until the end of May. The Govt will review the scheme then. Full details and the online system for claiming is expected towards the end of April.

Jan 30, 2008

Waiting for confirmation in writing , will be in contact with the union as and when required
Regards
DF

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Yep - I was told the same. Can volunteer any time but only temp work outside normal hours.

You could only take on another temp job if it was outside your normal working hours.

My working hours are 8 hours anywhere from 07:00 - 22:00 so I am unsure where that would leave me. As an aside one of my employers other businesses is a leading Employment law, HR and Health and safety company. I am sure that they would have relayed the working hours conditions if that were the case to. I will email my HR and find out for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here