Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Has the Coronavirus Started to Infect Your Dreams While you Sleep?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Last night I dreamed I was standing in a supermarket queue by the fresh bakery counter. I wasn't practicing social distancing and was stood up close to the person in front of me. Then I absent mindedly started to cough in the general direction of an uncovered loaf of bread on the fresh loaf shelf. Because my hands were full with bags I also neglected to cover my mouth while I coughed. Then I realised what I was doing and felt somewhat embarassed and hoped no one in the queue had noticed. Fortunately it appeared they hadn't, or they were too polite to say anything.

It was all a bit of a nightmate really.

Has anyone else started having coronavirus themed dreams?

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Not yet ,I suspect it will happen soon though. Inevitable?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Last night I dreamt of a best mate at school and met him at the Star, Haywards Heath. Because he's become a doctor I thought of him the other day. He was absolutely pissed in my dream as we talked about things and he was so funny when he had/has a few drinks. :laugh:

Bloody mad.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No, I'm a stoner so I dont dream.

But if you get issues with reoccuring nightmares of any kind, try this:

1. Pinch yourself once you notice something is feeling unreal. If you think about this advice a few times a day, it will enter your subconcius and you'll be able to do it in your dreams if you dream frequently. If you dont feel anything physically when pinching yourself, you're dreaming.

2. Once you know you are in a dream, remember that your fantasy is ruling it. If you can convince the mind that everything is fine, try it. If you can defeat your enemy/enemies, in this case embarrasement and fear, do it. You can in example make everyone laugh at someone else.

Sometimes this is easy, sometimes very hard - you're playing chess with your own brain. You know it wants to worry you and put you through shit, so its not always easy to convince it to actually believe/imagine a better scenario.

If this is the case and you feel the dream is too much, you can suicide it. In the dream, just throw yourself off some stairs or a roof or something, and you will wake up.

3. Notice that you shouldnt try to suicide yourself out of every dream every time, because your mind will at some point catch up with your trick and you're not going to be allowed to escape that easily. Plus, if you suicide your way out of the nightmare, it will be back, so its just solving the immediate problem of a uncomfortable dream.

If you instead beat the problem in your dream, your middle state - subconcious-concious - is going to fear the issue less, and you will dream more and more infrequently about it until its gone. But it generally needs to be defeated a few times.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I dreamt last night that I was eating a giant marshmallow

Then I woke up and realised that, due to the zombie hordes of hoarders, Saino's was clean out of giant marshmallows. Gah!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

1. Pinch yourself once you notice something is feeling unreal. If you think about this advice a few times a day, it will enter your subconcius and you'll be able to do it in your dreams if you dream frequently. If you dont feel anything physically when pinching yourself, you're dreaming.

2. Once you know you are in a dream, remember that your fantasy is ruling it. If you can convince the mind that everything is fine, try it. If you can defeat your enemy/enemies, in this case embarrasement and fear, do it. You can in example make everyone laugh at someone else.

Sometimes this is easy, sometimes very hard - you're playing chess with your own brain. You know it wants to worry you and put you through shit, so its not always easy to convince it to actually believe/imagine a better scenario.

If this is the case and you feel the dream is too much, you can suicide it. In the dream, just throw yourself off some stairs or a roof or something, and you will wake up.

3. Notice that you shouldnt try to suicide yourself out of every dream every time, because your mind will at some point catch up with your trick and you're not going to be allowed to escape that easily. Plus, if you suicide your way out of the nightmare, it will be back, so its just solving the immediate problem of a uncomfortable dream.

If you instead beat the problem in your dream, your middle state - subconcious-concious - is going to fear the issue less, and you will dream more and more infrequently about it until its gone. But it generally needs to be defeated a few times.

I actually quite enjoy nightmares (possibly not while I am actually having them) but having woken up you have a memory of an exciting adventure of dread and peril without having been exposed to actual danger or suffered any harm.

The sense of relief of waking up from a nightmare and realising it was all a dream can also be quite satisfying and relieving.

Conversly the realisation upon waking that you weren't really getting down and dirty with (insert name of your sexual fantasy) can be extremely devastating and disappointing and can totally ruin your morning.

Having said this if I am to be exposed to dread and peril in a nightmare I would prefer it to be a bit more thrilling than having a coughing fit at the fresh bakery counter.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Had my first one last night, when I dreamt we were in lockdown in Spain and couldn’t even leave the house for fresh air in the garden.

Woke up feeling quite distressed so had a **** and went back to sleep.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

4. Punch yourself in the face, if you're dreaming of emailing Paul Barber.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Last night I dreamed I was standing in a supermarket queue by the fresh bakery counter. I wasn't practicing social distancing and was stood up close to the person in front of me. Then I absent mindedly started to cough in the general direction of an uncovered loaf of bread on the fresh loaf shelf. Because my hands were full with bags I also neglected to cover my mouth while I coughed. Then I realised what I was doing and felt somewhat embarassed and hoped no one in the queue had noticed. Fortunately it appeared they hadn't, or they were too polite to say anything.

It was all a bit of a nightmate really.

Has anyone else started having coronavirus themed dreams?

I did a couple of weeks ago and then decided to limit my news intake

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I actually quite enjoy nightmares (possibly not while I am actually having them) but having woken up you have a memory of an exciting adventure of dread and peril without having been exposed to actual danger or suffered any harm.

The sense of relief of waking up from a nightmare and realising it was all a dream can also be quite satisfying and relieving.

Conversly the realisation upon waking that you weren't really getting down and dirty with (insert name of your sexual fantasy) can be extremely devastating and disappointing and can totally ruin your morning.

Having said this if I am to be exposed to dread and peril in a nightmare I would prefer it to be a bit more thrilling than having a coughing fit at the fresh bakery counter.

Ha ha brilliant!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Yesterday I went for my usual walk round the park. I sat down for a while and two policemen approached. One asked if I was alright, the other told me I could catch the virus off a park bench. I thanked them for that info, thought no more of it and went home.

last night I had a nightmare that I had the virus and was covered in huge red lumps
:down:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Unfortunately last night it did for the first time.

I had a nightmare where my wife caught the virus and didn't survive, with only myself and my wife's sister able to attend the funeral.

Hopefully this was a one off and doesn't reoccur.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Once, the real news had an article the other day about the stunning Cairngorms being closed by the police. That night I dreamt I took my kids up there, but we weren’t allowed access, it was freezing and we had no accommodation.

The good news, then I woke up and every day at the moment is like Saturday.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Been a feature of my dreams for the last month or so. Some have been quite dark but last night's episode involved overly friendly ladies paying no heed to social distancing guidelines.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Unfortunately last night it did for the first time.

I had a nightmare where my wife caught the virus and didn't survive, with only myself and my wife's sister able to attend the funeral.

Hopefully this was a one off and doesn't reoccur.

I wonder how Freud might have interpreted that dream.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

That's wierd. I also enjoy dreams/nightmares like that.

I actually do realise it's only a dream even in the middle of them.

I also realise I can stop them at any time right in the middle of them just by waking myself up. However I chose not to because I intentionally try to see them out to a conclusion by staying asleep.

The only problem I have is I can never see them out to the end to any satisfactory conclusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here