Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] What are your favourite INANIMATE objects ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Couple of things for me.

The Chromebook I am currently typing on, because I use it now more than ever for entertainment and (now) WFH for the first time in 7 years. I thought this thing would be a bit of an arse WFH, but its been excellent. Swift, adaptable, slick, simple. Probably one of the best items I have ever bought.

Then, my car. Its only a Honda Civic, but I love it. The tech is great, it hugs the road, its nippy, and the fact I can't even see the bonnet in front of me makes it feel like I'm in a Dodgem - its literally windscreen-road. Nothing inbetween. And it shifts. Best little motor I've had, its such a fun drive and I look forward to stepping into it every time.

On a lesser scale, my Samsung A50 has been a brilliant phone, and my blutooth earphones I would not be without, they are essential to my walking lifestyle.

Humble stuff I know, but these are the little things in my life that just work so well for me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ah, a thread where we can all say something positive and love will blossom between us all.

Not sure which is my favourite, difficult to choose. Maybe the 911 I guess.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The thing I loves mostest in the whole wide world as the moment is:-

My car's 'new' heating control panel.

I replaced the tatty looking old one and, and, replaced both bulbs so it's beautifully backlit.
Not only that but I did the job professionally, no rattles, no spare screws and everything back how it was.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Other than YourMum, for me it's the telly. Ok there's constant movement on the screen of it, but without it i don't know what i'd do, or where i'd look, for comfort. I mean, if i had to think about my own actual life instead i doubt i'd make it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Whilst it’s not an object itself, but I suppose the TV qualifies, I am now in love with Disney Plus.

I was saying to the kids yesterday, they really don’t understand how amazing this facility is to someone my age and how lucky they are to have it, I don’t think their generation appreciate quite how lucky.

I spend ages just scrolling through the many, many wonderful films and shows on there. It is magnificent.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Bluetooth headphones - absolute game changer for running/commuting and walking.

The Amex - for its size I genuinely think we have the best stadium in the world at that capacity. The view of the Downs above me from my WSU perch, the smooth lines of the roof and THAT bull nosed edging. Only crying shame is I don’t get to look at the West Stand.

4 in 1 tap in our new kitchen - boiling and cold filtered water at any time. Being able to make tea/coffee without thinking about a 3 minute energy and time wasting kettle boil has been a life saver in the last 3 weeks of wfh.

Wireless connected Ring alarm system. Following a break in at the MILs the Dorris got extremely clucky and started sniffing about to get an alarm installed at home. Went through the whole rigamarole of getting quotes from Yale etc including annoying calls/attempts to come round etc, cheapest quote for a wired monitored system was £950. I did 20 minutes research online and bought the Ring system with all the bells and whistles for £300. Came the next day, installed it myself and linked to the existing Ring door bell etc in less than an hour. Winner.

My iPhone - not because it’s an iPhone just because of the ridiculous capability it gives with modern life. That and the access it gives to my music and podcasts; two things I’d be lost without.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bluetooth headphones - absolute game changer for running/commuting and walking.

The Amex - for its size I genuinely think we have the best stadium in the world at that capacity. The view of the Downs above me from my WSU perch, the smooth lines of the roof and THAT bull nosed edging. Only crying shame is I don’t get to look at the West Stand.

4 in 1 tap in our new kitchen - boiling and cold filtered water at any time. Being able to make tea/coffee without thinking about a 3 minute energy and time wasting kettle boil has been a life saver in the last 3 weeks of wfh.

Wireless connected Ring alarm system. Following a break in at the MILs the Dorris got extremely clucky and started sniffing about to get an alarm installed at home. Went through the whole rigamarole of getting quotes from Yale etc including annoying calls/attempts to come round etc, cheapest quote for a wired monitored system was £950. I did 20 minutes research online and bought the Ring system with all the bells and whistles for £300. Came the next day, installed it myself and linked to the existing Ring door bell etc in less than an hour. Winner.

My iPhone - not because it’s an iPhone just because of the ridiculous capability it gives with modern life. That and the access it gives to my music and podcasts; two things I’d be lost without.

Lol. Apart from the Amex that's like a list of things that I think "why would anyone buy that?" about.

Fair play though. Whatever makes you happy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lest I forget my:-

- Chinese knock off MP3 player.
- Chinese knock off bluetooth buds.
- 2 Amazon Firesticks.

All TV, films, sport (those were the days), podcasts accessed, I'd be lost without that net spend of £150.

- The AMEX

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Cards on the table though I suppose.

Favorite inanimate object is definitely my car.

It's the opposite of a pension fund, I really shouldn't spend as much money as I do on it. It looks sightly mid life crisis despite being subtle for what it is.

But I LOVE it. It makes a big difference to my life that every time I have to go anywhere I can get in it and immediately have a big grin on my face.

And it's technically just a useful family hatchback, described by the Telegraph reviewer as "possibly the best car in the world". Who am I to argue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here