Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgin

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Virgin are looking for a bailout.

What do you think ? My opinion . Why should we bail out a long haul airline the likes of which have spread this around the world.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought UK Government has already stated no bail out for the air industry

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
I spent 12 years at Virgin and even though i've left still have a soft spot for them. Having said that, they are owned by a Billionaire and another airline that made $5billion last year. If there is a queue for handouts they should be near the back sadly....

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I no longer have much sympathy for airlines who take your money in the good times but leave you high and dry in the bad. And that that goes for national airlines as well as budget.

My flight from Madrid to Gatwick on sleazyjet last Saturday was simply cancelled by email with the instruction to rebook using the 'manage my account' option on the website. The problem was the they had cancelled all flights out of Madrid. So I made a fresh booking with Iberia, who did exactly the same thing. Fortunately I was able to reroute with them to Heathrow. But only after phone calls and suggestions.

Even now sleazyjet state on their website that they are committed to getting passengers back to the UK.....and are running rescue flights from Spanish airports. Except, of course, Madrid.

Other airlines flew from Madrid on Saturday, as I proved - on a two-thirds full A340. BA had several that day too. There were no governmental restrictions. Sleazyjet just cancelled flights. I don't know why. I suspect they couldn't return a profit.

Their original email said they would communicate again within a few days but haven't yet. As far as they know I am still there, but they have not enquired.

Airline bailout, Bah.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bollocks to them. Airlines have had it good for so long, very rarely look after the customer, weaselling out of EU261 claims & super restrictive in pretty much everything. Given the investment Delta has I’m sure they’ll find a way through it

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bollocks to them. Airlines have had it good for so long, very rarely look after the customer, weaselling out of EU261 claims & super restrictive in pretty much everything. Given the investment Delta has I’m sure they’ll find a way through it

Wait till we leave the EU

Bye bye claims all together

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here