Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Video Calls on WhatsApp mirrored onto TV

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
In true BGs style. As many of us I am doing plenty of video calls to keep in touch with family and our good friends. We are using WhatsApp for this, is there a way to mirror this onto our TV to make the picture bigger than we can get on a mobile screen??

I've got a relatively new android phone and an approx 4 year old Samsung TV, I have managed to pair the two so fore example I can stream a YouTube video from my phone onto the TV but I can't see how this is possible on WhatsApp? I understand I can get Chromecast which enable me to exactly mirror what is on my phone to the TV which should work but is there any other way?

???

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Not answering your question (sorry) but as an aside of recommend not using WhatsApp video calling, as the quality is usually rubbish and rather laggy.

Duo, Skype and Zoom are much superior. You may find your TV has a Skype app built in (which would then answer your question!)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The reason Youtube works well when streaming is because it has casting to chromecast baked into its code. You could mirror the screen from android but that is usually laggy and often a bit jerky. I don't think Whatsapp has the native chromecast option.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’ve started using Zoom and its great. Easy and simple and I’m sure you can stick it on your tv if you like, even if only by connecting your laptop to it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here