Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket payment holiday details

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just received my email on the season ticket payment holiday, discussed here: https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?379091-Three-month-pay-holiday-on-Season-Tickets

The numbers below relate to my WSU adult season ticket:

YOUR PLAN IF YOU OPT TO TAKE THE PAYMENT HOLIDAY:

Please see below your first Direct Debit payment and the remaining balance that will be taken over eight months (instead of eleven) after the payment holiday, from August 2020 to March 2021:

April 2020: £54.24
May to July: £0.00
August 2020 to March 2021: £74.47

Calculation: £650 - £54.24 = £595.76
£595.76 = £74.47 (8 x monthly payments)

Your Direct Debits will cost £20.31 more per month from August.

Below, we have calculated your plan if you opt to take the payment holiday and we owe you for five matches for 2019/20:

In the event that it is confirmed before August that you will be unable to see the remainder of the 2019/20 matches at the Amex, you will be given a pro rata refund off the monthly season ticket payments for the 2020/21 season

Your total season ticket price for 2019/20 was £640, and five games account for £168.42 of the season ticket value, meaning the sums would break down like this:

April 2020: £54.24
May to July: £0.00
August 2020 to March 2021: £53.42

Calculation: £650 - £54.24 - £168.42 = £427.34
£427.34 = £53.42 (8 x monthly payments)

Your Direct Debits will cost £0.74 less per month from August.

Please note these totals have been calculated quickly in order to give you maximum time to opt-in. If you notice any issue or error with your payment calculation please contact Supporter Services so we may resolve this for you.

OTHER INFORMATION:

Season ticket holders should note that this may involve the remaining eight months of payments from August 2020 through to March 2021 being larger than the initial April payment, so supporters are advised to budget and set funds aside in preparation.

Please note you have until 16 April to claim your payment holiday. After 5pm on 16 April you will be unable to claim a payment holiday.

Those who opt for a payment holiday should understand they will not have the opportunity to move seats during the season.

SIGN UP HERE: https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...holiday/2020-4-16_23.59/season ticket holders

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
What if you've paid in full up front for this season and last season?

Logic would dictate from the example people would get the £168.42 refund if the five games are not played for the end of the season. It’s an issue that effects me as well.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm moving from ESU to NS so already seeing a £450 saving across the three STs, if we get rebated the last five games they'll nearly be paying me to go next year!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Shame can’t take 3 month break at own discretion rather than the club’s, circumstances for people will differ over next 6 - 9 months.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I felt sorry for them as this will give them a £3m cash shortfall so wont bother

I'll not be bothering either, I've got 3 months off paying the mortgage so I can continue paying the club. :lol:

#Priorities.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shame can’t take 3 month break at own discretion rather than the club’s, circumstances for people will differ over next 6 - 9 months.

Not sure if I'm reading that correctly - it is at our discretion. You either opt in or you don't. On the basis it's still payable regardless I'm not bothering.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Would be nice if the club were as clear as for DD payers - they can't very well give a discount on next season as we've already paid.
To be fair the email was aimed at DD payers. But I was taking it if they refund DD payers by reducing their payments then a refund would be made to those that pay for the season in advance. Agree it would be good to know their intentions though.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Would be nice if the club were as clear as for DD payers - they can't very well give a discount on next season as we've already paid.

Assuming you don't get in contact with the club to discuss your 2020/21 payment which is an option that was given in the initial release on the club website, the only options for those that pay up front are:

Refund for the 5 games to be paid to you
The amount of the 5 game refund being given off your 2021/22 renewal.

I wouldn't worry at this stage at all, as you will not lose out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here