Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Rules being relaxed on carrying over annual leave.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Just carried some over. With the short staffing in our office going forward due to sickness and isolation I can see trying to get leave in the next 6 months or so being an issue so you’re potentially going to end up with a lot of people with a lot of leave in their pots.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This is to cover a tax issue, I believe, and there's is no obligation on employers to allow it.

i mean .. have you read it? It seems like employers have an obligation to abide by the rules.

6. All employers are subject to the Working Time Regulations 1998, and thus will be subject to the changes in the Working Time (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
i mean .. have you read it? It seems like employers have an obligation to abide by the rules.

The copy has changed since the link first went up as it's now talking about key industries, which I'd agree with. It's all going to come down to how reliant a business is on it's staff post-crisis, clearly if people can't take leave it should be carried forward. This new info seems to relate to that aspect.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
We’re being given the opportunity to sell some back. Annually we can buy/sell up to 5 days a year but likely to be at least doubled is my expectation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have been at my place for over 20 years, so get extra 10 days from jan 2021 taking me to 35 days for 1 year...taking any Further over will be a problem.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Piss take really. If employers do their best to keep people in jobs surely giving up some holiday isn't a major issue.

Heard from a friend today someone had to cancel a holiday but re booked it already (stupid beyond belief) then moaning as people already had the new date booked off and the employer wouldn't agree it.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Piss take really. If employers do their best to keep people in jobs surely giving up some holiday isn't a major issue.

Heard from a friend today someone had to cancel a holiday but re booked it already (stupid beyond belief) then moaning as people already had the new date booked off and the employer wouldn't agree it.

Well said. Many businesses will be lucky to survive this pandemic & if they do, staff should be grateful to have a job!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here