Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Landing at London City.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just link us to your Youtube history and you will save yourself a lot of work.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Done this a few times, but only once where needed to land where approach to landing was eastbound. The turn around the shard felt a little surreal. Kept thinking 9/11, and felt the tower was touchable :ohmy:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There is loads of those on YT. I never tire of watching them. Especially when they come down in thick fog. Incredible skill.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'm sure you (the non interested in aviation types) have never pondered what those 4 lights to the left of the runway are.
They are PAPI lights and they're a "mechanical? visual" back up aid to ensuring the plane is going to approach the runway on the correct glidepath.
Depending on what the pilot sees from the cockpit he's either going to be where he needs to be, or too low, or too high.
Seen here.
4AFE4103-AC31-48A8-BD70-E2F39DCD309C.png
Explanation here.
78F15BA6-79F9-41E6-BE47-71FE7510E395.gif

Yeah I know very interesting.
I don't have much more scintillating aviation knowledge to pass to you and don't even know what PAPI stands for.
From this point on, you also, can bore people with this.
I only mentioned it because it's so obvious in the video.
https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/1493/whats-the-functional-difference-between-papi-and-vasi

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
In spite of all the high technology there is still a bloke at the end with a couple of table-tennis bats!

Saw that when we flew internal Air New Zealand,the plane almost right to the gate with 'batman' waving his arms,what was great to see was a crew change in which one of the new crew did the 'Walk round Check' flaps,tyres etc great to see.

Jul 7, 2003
Done this a few times, but only once where needed to land where approach to landing was eastbound. The turn around the shard felt a little surreal. Kept thinking 9/11, and felt the tower was touchable :ohmy:

It always feels weird when they use the Shard like a giant traffic cone to turn around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here