Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Quiz Tag

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fara Williams?

Edit, no that's silly now, there aren't four Women's divisions are there? Or a conference.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I won't answer as I looked it up but thought it would be a player who had been on loan at a few clubs.

Would never have guessed this one!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jamie Vardy? No, I guess the Europa league had replaced the UEFA cup by the time he emerged. This one is very hard.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Jamie Vardy? No, I guess the Europa league had replaced the UEFA cup by the time he emerged. This one is very hard.

Was going to say Teddy Sheringham, as he played in the lower divisions but never in a UEFA Cup final

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Was going to say Teddy Sheringham, as he played in the lower divisions but never in a UEFA Cup final

How about Jermain Defoe?

Edit - no not in champions league final.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
None of the above.

His stint in the Conference was with Welling United

After trawling the web based on that clue, I've got it. But that's cheating. Certainly not a name that would immediately spring to mind!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just to introduce a rule clarification.

Obviously these quiz answers are based on trust. However, in the case of a question like this, there is no harm in looking through all the UEFA Cup finals etc and trying to research the clubs who would have played and the teams that were involved. It's when folk don't self regulate and just directly look for an answer. There's no victory in that.

I've trawled through all the finals and looked up various players and I still don't have a fecking clue who it is.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It’s niche I’ll grant you but I have an image of him stood holding a guitar with some floppy hair and that’s where it came from....

Name the player to have played in all four professional leagues in England, the Conference/National League, the UEFA and Champions League finals together with the World Cup.

I don't think the player you have in mind played in a UEFA Cup final. He simply played in the previous stages. Everything else fits.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just to introduce a rule clarification.

Obviously these quiz answers are based on trust. However, in the case of a question like this, there is no harm in looking through all the UEFA Cup finals etc and trying to research the clubs who would have played and the teams that were involved. It's when folk don't self regulate and just directly look for an answer. There's no victory in that.

I've trawled through all the finals and looked up various players and I still don't have a fecking clue who it is.

I did the same. Wasn't sure whether it was cheating or not. Eventually got it by looking up ex-Welling Utd players.

I guess the rule is pretend it's a pub quiz - no checking phones. So not really allowed.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I don't think the player you have in mind played in a UEFA Cup final. He simply played in the previous stages. Everything else fits.

That’s possible - I self regulated to check myself and can’t find him in a UEFA cup final so apologies for that, but it’s still bloody hard without that particular element.

Another clue for those still in:

He played @ World Cup 2002 for a “home” nation team

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
That’s possible - I self regulated to check myself and can’t find him in a UEFA cup final so apologies for that, but it’s still bloody hard without that particular element.

Another clue for those still in:

He played @ World Cup 2002 for a “home” nation team

Andy Townsend

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just to update the question then. This player has:

Played in all four leagues (and for Welling)
Represented a 'home nation' (slight clue in the presentation of that) in a World Cup
Played in a European Champions League Final
Played in the UEFA Cup (but not in a final).

I know the answer. But looked directly rather than investigated. So I can't claim the next question.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Easy one i think .Which team in 1970 held the The Fa Cup ,League Cup and Cup Winners Cup for 1 hour before losing their hold on one of them?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Easy one i think .Which team in 1970 held the The Fa Cup ,League Cup and Cup Winners Cup for 1 hour before losing their hold on one of them?

Leeds United ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here