Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Quiz Tag

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Left field guess. Clough did national service with Crumplin's dad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crumplin went to school with Nigel?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK I have got it, but I used the internet so I'm defaulted. My guess is if you don't know it you won't get it, even with the internet, unless you are over 50.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
OK I have got it, but I used the internet so I'm defaulted. My guess is if you don't know it you won't get it, even with the internet, unless you are over 50.

Without me giving the answer away too much - is the answer any loose connection to a to a punk rock band who once wrote a song about their home town? If so, you are correct. Impressed if you are.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Without me giving the answer away too much - is the answer any loose connection to a to a punk rock band who once wrote a song about their home town? If so, you are correct. Impressed if you are.

Brian Clough's Albion lost 4-0 at home to Walton & Hersham. Crumplin was born in Hersham?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Brian Clough's Albion lost 4-0 at home to Walton & Hersham. Crumplin was born in Hersham?

Or played for W&H?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes. I saw them play at The Roxy in London.

I'll PM you :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Crumplin managed Walton & Hersham, but that would be a very tenuous link, and nothing like what HWT seemed to be hinting at.

What was I hinting at? All I said was I saw them at the Roxy (in reply to PB's question) :drool:

Edit and that you'd probably need to be over 50 to get it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Clough died aged 69, Crumplin born in 1969? Seems tenuous.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Okay, maybe the question was rather tenuous but Kevo was pretty much there - Clough & Crumplin both managed teams at Walton & Hersham's old stadium. AFAIK, nobody else with Albion connections has. I have too much time on my hands atm so did research prior to the question. I'll probably get proved wrong!

Clough in the FA Cup draw before that infamous humiliation in the replay. Crumplin was manager of W & H for a spell about ten years ago. In another vague connection, both blasted their players for being unprofessional and unfit on occasion.

Over to [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION]

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Okay, maybe the question was rather tenuous but Kevo was pretty much there - Clough & Crumplin both managed teams at Walton & Hersham's old stadium. AFAIK, nobody else with Albion connections has. I have too much time on my hands atm so did research prior to the question. I'll probably get proved wrong!

Clough in the FA Cup draw before that infamous humiliation in the replay. Crumplin was manager of W & H for a spell about ten years ago. In another vague connection, both blasted their players for being unprofessional and unfit on occasion.

Over to [MENTION=11720]kevo[/MENTION]

Cheers!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Hopefully not too easy...

Who is the only player to have played in both the European Cup/Champions League final and the Sussex Senior Cup final?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here