Lincoln City
Hereford United
Sudbury
Kingstonian
Leatherhead
Walton & Hersham
Bedford Town

:albion2:

As Paul Cee has gone awol, I checked to see if you were right. This is correct post-war, but there is also one (just) pre-war one, which you haven't got. The total number of defeats by non-league teams since Brighton were elected to the Football League is actually eight.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
As Paul Cee has gone awol, I checked to see if you were right. This is correct post-war, but there is also one (just) pre-war one, which you haven't got. The total number of defeats by non-league teams since Brighton were elected to the Football League is actually eight.

Gateshead?

were cup draws regional back then?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Given that this question has been running and [MENTION=12852]pauli cee[/MENTION] is absent, I'll use OP casting vote and award myself the question. So....

What is the record for the most postponements of a single British professional football fixture ?

I will accept one either side of the correct total.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given that this question has been running and [MENTION=12852]pauli cee[/MENTION] is absent, I'll use OP casting vote and award myself the question. So....

What is the record for the most postponements of a single British professional football fixture ?

14, and I'd guess it is Fort William, until recently the very very sick man of British Football (GD last season more than -200).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
14, and I'd guess it is Fort William, until recently the very very sick man of British Football (GD last season more than -200).

You've got the right country, the fixture being Airdrie and Stranraer.

Wrong guess though.

The year is 1963. If you were consciously alive then you will remember the chaos.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wrong guess though.

The year is 1963. If you were consciously alive then you will remember the chaos.

Remember it well, in Rottingdean :mad:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I may be cheating by jumping in here, but here's one that surprised me a little. Of all the Premier League era goalkeepers with 100 or more clean sheets, only three have a higher clean sheet % than Peter Schmeichel. Who are they?

Two aren't that surprising, but the one in pole position I would never have got.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Wrong guess though.

The year of the SNOW.

I'm going for 8.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
twenty one

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

30?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
32?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Winner.

The correct answer is 33 postponements of the same match. So you are only one out.

This occurred in 1963. This FA Cup third round game eventually took place on the 11th March. Thankfully it didn't need a replay...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Give me a few more minutes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here